1165: The Exchange of Wealth and Desires... Hmm, Something Doesn't Seem Right

First of all, one thing can be certain: corpses—or to be precise, corpses that have been dead for a certain period—had no organ value. Lin Sanjiu and the female NPC clarified some doubts in their minds and pondered for a while before finally turning to shout, "I'm done here, let's take him away!"

Even with the unrivalled weapon, staying near the payment counter with wolves around was still troublesome.

Although the combat powers were not evenly matched, Hei Zeji didn't fight with full enthusiasm. Upon hearing what she had to say, he responded with a "Hmm?" as if he had been so absorbed in the fight that he almost forgot about Lin Sanjiu's presence. "That's it?"

Wushi Ming, lying on the ground, almost burst into tears because of these words.

"That's enough, that's enough." If Wushi Ming had a somewhat human appearance before, it was all history now. Lin Sanjiu didn't even have the heart to look down at him and just waved her hand. "I thought of a way to earn points. Let's get him back to the patient room. We can have a proper conversation there."

Maybe it was her imagination, but after she said that, Lin Sanjiu felt that the look on Hei Zeji's face seemed to be full of confusion.

Maybe it was her imagination, but it looked like Hei Zeji's gaze lingered on her severed arm several times, as if he wanted to say something but held back.

Maybe it was her imagination—why did she feel like Hei Zeji had no idea what was going on?

"I have a new technique to show you," Hei Zeji suddenly said. Without waiting for her to speak, he removed the floating crescent moon and took a few steps back, looking like a child eager to show off his toy. "Do you see this spot behind his head, close to the neck?"

No one could say that Wushi Ming lacked the will to survive. When the two were distracted talking, he suddenly leaped up from the ground, finally finding an opportunity to use his ability. He clapped his hands with a furious long shout—at the same time, the air rapidly formed a small vortex, closely adhering to the position where Hei Zeji had pointed just now, and then it exploded in the opposite direction. The sound of impact on the skull shook the dim surroundings.

"When you can't get close to the target," he said, not needing to finish his sentence, as Lin Sanjiu witnessed the effect. Wushi Ming, seeming like a cartoon character, rolled his eyes and fell to the ground like a stack of collapsing mahjong tiles. In the end, he failed to use his ability.

"Teach me this later," she said, managing a smile and suddenly put her hand on her knee, her voice becoming soft, "Now, my coffee's effect is wearing off."

Even if he didn't quite understand what the coffee's effect was, Hei Zeji immediately realized that he couldn't let her stay there for long. He grabbed Wushi Ming's collar and asked, "Can you still walk? There are many wild dogs nearby."

Lin Sanjiu nodded. When the effect of the coffee receded, it was intense, rapid, and merciless, tearing away her remaining energy, revealing the endless exhaustion underneath. Even when Hei Zeji suddenly stopped and whispered, "Someone is coming!" she was slow to react and almost bumped into his back.

Looking up, she hurriedly reached out to grab Hei Zeji but failed to do so. This caused him to turn around and look at her. Lin Sanjiu quickly opened her mouth, fearing she might be too late, and said, "Wait, don't fight. That's someone I know!"

"How do you know so many people?" Unlike Puppeteer, Hei Zeji's confusion was sincere. "Are you able to remember everyone's names?"

Gardenia had no idea what kind of danger she had just escaped. Her staff tapped on the ground quickly, and in the blink of an eye, she arrived next to them. Her gaze swept across everyone and then immediately turned back, repeatedly focusing on Hei Zeji several times. She then exchanged the silver and slender staff into her other hand, extending her right hand to him with a dazzling smile as if ignited by sparks. "Hello."