"What, who? Me?" He chuckles.

"We're best friends." I tell him, "I saved your ass."

"Well I mean I'm definitely your best friend." He emphasises the 'your'. I froze for a minute as I fully took in what he said. Slapping my hand across his arm, he jumps back with shock before hitting me back lightly.

"You're a little shit." I shake my head at him, closing the boot. Charlie snorts and places a hand on my shoulder.

"Be safe." He tells me.

I nod, "Always." Charlie musters a smile before going off to reload his gun to be ready for the shootout that was impending. Looking around, I spot Carol and Daryl chatting next to his bike. He's sitting on the floor talking to her gently and she nods reassuringly at him. Carol made yesterday awkward when she walked in on our untimely kiss. She holds her hand out to Daryl and he takes it pulling himself up. They both hold onto each other's hands as Carol slowly pulls away, smiling at him. As she finally lets go, Daryl watches her as she walks off and I can't help but feel disheartened. Maybe this is why he took off after her so quickly after yesterday. What if our kiss meant nothing to him and it was all a mistake? A voice taps me out of my thoughts and I vision away from Daryl and to Rick behind me.

"Plan of action is," Rick tells me, "Hershel and Beth are taking my car out to the woods with Carl and Judith. Glenn and Maggie are up at the catwalk. Charlie and Carol in the watchtower over on the left side of the yard. I need you up on the roof near the far right. Daryl will be close by in case you need help."

"I think I'd rather be with Charlie up there." I admit, with a nod.

"Charlie's a good shot but long distance shooting isn't much of his thing." Rick tilts his head and I slowly nod.

"Yes sir." I salute him, throwing the strap of my rifle over my shoulder.

"This thing between you and Daryl. The offness, hatred, whatever it is it needs to stop." He leans in close to me, "We are a family."

"I have no idea what you mean." I press my lips into a firm line, "We're peachy." Before Rick had a chance to reply, I walked off to get to my station. I wasn't having that conversation especially with Rick. Preparing my rifle and the spare gun next to me, I double and triple check that the barrels were filled with bullets before trying to find the access to the higher part of the roof. I wander the perimeter of the roof and find a ladder to get up on the little platformed part of the roof. Much to my surprise, it was wobbly against the wall. The bolts securing it were half gone and the parts of the ladder steps were broken or bent. I'd be hurt way before I would have time to shoot at these assholes if I even tried to get up there by the ladder.

But the only way was up and I needed to get up there. Standing on my tiptoes, I extend myself to reach my fingertips over the edge and hold on. Lifting my leg up, I position my foot against the wall but lose grip and slide down the wall. I groan in frustration before trying again but much to my dismay it didn't fucking work again.

"The hell ya' doing?" A redneck comments behind me.

I turn to glance at him for a moment, "I can't get up."

"Why don't you go up the ladder?" Daryl nods towards it.

"Wow, I didn't think of that." I reply, sarcastically. Daryl comes over and wobbles the ladder, checking its security.

"Broken." He states the obvious. No way. Who knew it was broken? I obviously chose to make this more difficult for myself by trying to climb up. We stand and ponder for a few silent moments. "Here?" Daryl bends down, putting two of his hands together. I screw my eyebrows at him. What is he supposed to be suggesting here? "Gonna boost ya'" He nods towards his hands, "Trust me."