New Kid in Town

Jaqueline Sloane, the new NCIS's forensic psychologist, knocks on Leon Vance's office door.

"Come in!" Leon shouts out, approval for Jack to enter the room.

"Hey Jack! Long time no see, huh?" Leon smiled politely at Jack.

"Hah, yeah. Long time without a doubt. What has it been, 5 years, right?" she replied, smiling back at him.

"Something like that. It's great to see you doing well, Jack." Leon said, looking her up and down.

"Yeah, well, it hasn't been that easy to say the least." she sighed.

"Anyways, I'm looking forward to meeting the team!" she added.

"They are going to be thrilled to have you joining the staff here at NCIS headquarters." Leon smiled.

Leon led the way to the main area where everyone's desk is located. Jack's eyes wandered around the room, catching Gibbs eyes in the distance. She smiled at Gibbs.

He's cute.. she thought to herself.

Gibbs smiled back. Tony Dinozzo saw the entire moment go down and chuckled in amusement.

"Something funny, Dinozzo?" Gibbs asked, seriously.

"Uh no boss. Nope, nothing's funny..." he cleared his throat.

"We are waiting on details of the next case, Leon." Gibbs said sternly.

Everyone went back to scrolling through their computers, except Gibbs. He made his way over to the stairway where Leon and Jack stood before him.

"You must be Jacqueline Sloane?" he asked.

"Yup, that's me! Everyone usually calls me Jack though." she said, almost sounding too excited.

"Ah, I'm Jethro Gibbs but everyone usually calls me Gibbs." he said, giving off a welcoming vibe which was weird to everyone else as he usually doesn't like new people.

"So what are you here for?" he asked her.

Leon went back to his office so they can converse with each other.

"Oh, Leon hired me as the new forensic psychologist for your team. Anything psychological I can help with whether it's for the team members, cases you're working on. That kinda thing." she replied, smiling big at him.

"Gotcha." he replied, sounding a little more relaxed.

They both went their own ways and continued to work the rest of the day.

Tony made his way to the new members office.

"You must be Tony Dinozzo, am I right?" Jack chuckled to herself.

"That would be me. You are..?" he smiled.

"Jacqueline Sloane, you can call me Jack for short." she laughed as she looked through the paperwork on her desk.

"So what do you do exactly..?" he quickly questioned her.

"Well, I am a forensic psychologist so I can help solve cases, give profiles for you guys. The list goes on and on." she looked him in the eye.

"Oh, between you and me, is Gibbs seeing anyone at the moment?" she added, smirking.

"No, not since his last wife Shannon, passed away as well as his daughter, Kelly." Tony whispered back.

"Hm, okay." Jack sighed, almost in relief.