Chapter 16

another short chapter but not as bad as the last one.. like 1000 words i think. posting this chapter early as a promise!! not proofread since im currently at my school for theater. hope you enjoy <3

ᯓ★

"if we are going to send someone with mr. lee, i believe we should send the marketing director." one said. "yes, or maybe the marketing analytics manager." another added. both jisung and minho were feeling nervous at their words. minho tapping his fingers on the long table, jisung looking down at his feet. then, minho spoke up.

"i understand how you may believe that the marketing director or analytics manager and such should accompany this trip, but i would like to have a word." he began, the directorials focusing their attention to the man sitting in the middle of them all. he stood up from the seat he was designated in, turning towards jisung whos expression gave a hint of shock, his eyes widening a bit at the sudden suggestion minho made.

"mr. han jisung here is very proficient with his work. he can perform many tasks perfectly, including marketing research and strategies. if i had to recommend one person to represent every field in our company, it was be mr. han. i would like him to join me on this trip as i believe it would benefit the company. he is very knowledgeable and can get us through with the marketing."

the room was silent for a moment, leaving the pair in a state of uncertainty. minho wasn't sure about showing jisung off to the group of executives, but if it landed him in another country with jisung alone for a month, he'd take the risk. it was as if the others in the room with them had doubt against minho's words and jisungs experiences. although it was somewhat of an exaggeration that jisung was perfect at his work, considering how minho was always poking at his small mistakes.

"well, if mr. han's skills are as you say, then i agree with mr. lee to let jisung be his companian to this trip." somebody reluctantly said, causing a series of hums in agreement and "i agree"s. minho couldn't control the small smile that was appearing on his face once he heard that the group was agreeing with him, even the marketing director.

jisung however was iffy on the subject. he did say that he would follow minho to the trip if it was voted upon, but now he was slowly starting to regret it. the thought of living in a hotel with minho, his constant attachment, and his bothersome nagging just put jisung in a state of remorse.

"do we all agree that mr. han shall tend to this business trip alongside mr. lee?" one of the higher ups said, a sequence of nods and small hums in response. "then it is settled. mr. han and mr. lee, do you have the schedule for the trip?" they decided on the answer. minho was ecstatic at the determination. "yes, we have the schedule." jisung answered in a monotone, while minho was bursting in happiness.

"that concludes this meeting, thank you all for voicing your opinions." everyone stood up and collected their items as they exited the meeting room, giving a small nod of acknowledgment to jisung as they left.

once everyone was gone, jisung turned to minho, who was already smiling brightly at him. "how are you feeling?" jisung asked, understanding how stressful it was when minho was attempting to convince everyone else. "i'm feeling great, are you content with leaving to go on the trip with me?" he wanted to make sure jisung was 100% comfortable, knowing how he can get. jisung nodded in response. he remained silent for a couple seconds before prompting to head back to minho's office so that they would be able to arrange things for the trip.

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

as the two made their way to the office, minho was feeling a static of excitement, while jisung twinged of anticipation. minho was talkative with how he was expectant of the travel, wanting to spend every moment he could with jisung. the other just agreeing with whatever he said, not really paying attention as they walked.

once they reached the office, they immediately began planning arrangments and accommodations for the trip, splitting different tasks between the two. minho sat in his chair, pulling up different airlines and documents.

"i can deal with travel arrangements, i think you should compile files and presentations regarding marketing research. if you're struggling with knowing what marketing research is, just let me know and i'll explain it to you." minho leaned back in his seat as he made eye contact with jisung, who was on the opposite side of him.

"minho, if we go on this trip together, i need to make something clear." jisung stated, drawing  minhos attention from his firm words. "if you condemn my work in any way, i'm moving hotels. i'm not going to spend a month consistantly with you, sleeping under the same roof as you, and sharing everything with you if you provoke me in any way possible for my work."

minho slowly nodded, taking a mental note that jisung was a bit irritated at this. minho found it entertaining to poke at jisung. (as if i didnt show that in every chapter) but he was willing to make amends with his repeated teasing towards the other. "okay, is there anything else you'd like me to know?" he wanted to make sure jisung felt comfortable at all times, especially since he was going to another country for a month with only one person. jisung shook his head to say no.

minhos face lit up as if he had gotten the best idea ever. "sooo, since we'll be in a hotel.. alone.. outside of work, would you let me, i don't know, kiss you?" he started giggling once he brought up the suggestion, referring to the day they met up with jisungs friend chan. jisung just looked at him with a face that shouted 'seriously?' as he crossed his arms. "i'll think about it." he replied sharply, minhos expression irradiated joy.

"i second that you should let me." minho teased the other, a playful grin growing on his features. jisung rolled his eyes before his lips upturned into a smile. "we'll see."