Twenty Four: Calum

Start from the beginning

"Hi pretty" he says and I open my eyes "You're weird sleeping" he frowns his face

"Shut your face" I roll my eyes and sit down "Why do I own the pleasure of your visit?"

"We need to see Karev" he bites his lips "He texted me saying he knows we got home then I drove here and Taylor let me in. I texted you but you didn't reply""

"Shit" I mutter and unlock my phone to figure out where Luke is "How are we gonna do this? I need to distract Luke"

"He's at the dorms, asleep" Calum says and I get up

"He's sleeping since when?" I take my pajamas off not minding Calum seeing me in my underwear and put on some jeans and a shirt

"Since we got there"

I look to the clock and it's 4pm, we got home at 1pm.

"We have to be fast" I take the necklace and put into my bag "And we leave our phones here" he frowns his forehead "Luke usually tracks my phone to figure out where I am, we can't run the risk"

I drop my phone at the night stand and tell Cal to leave his on the kitchen. We leave the flat and he drives as fast as he can to Karev's laundry place. Cal parks his car and we leave walking quickly to the front door. When we enter the crappy place Karev is waiting for us drinking scotch.

"China! Little Girl!" He smiles "So nice seeing you guys"

"Hi Karev" I smile and we approach his way

"I hope you two crickets are here to pay me" he stands up and I stay still next to Calum "I'm not in a very good mood today" his accent is so deep and rough, scaring the shit out of me

"Calum will pay you" I say and take the necklace out of my purse "There's more than enough" Cal takes the necklace and hands it to Karev

The Russian mobster opens the box and sees the jewelry, his eyes glow.

"Nice" he smiles and puts away the necklace "All good"

"And Calum won't do more drugs so you can't sell him anymore" I stand on the tip of my toes and try to demand something I have no power over

"Ballsy" Karev says "Calum, could you wait outside, Little Girl and I need to have a word in particular"

"I would like him to stay" I say standing strong but not really.

"Well" Karev smirks "I don't, Calum wait outside" and he doesn't ask again. My best mate walks away and thats just Karev and I.

My legs shake and I'm sure this won't end up well. I regret leaving my phone home, now would be the perfect time to Luke bursts into the room to rescue me, actually cross that because he would be so pissed off at me, probable would go weeks avoiding me after yelling at me. We're weird.

"Who do you think you are?" His voice is low but sharp "Thinking you can boss me around" he walks around me, I try to look strong "You're just a little girl, you cannot tell me what to do"

I nod

"Calum is an addict" My little voice fades away "Someone needs to help him get out of this hole he dug himself into" I clear my throat "I'm here for him, so please" I use my sweet voice "Don't sell him anymore drugs"

"I see" Karev says "I understand that. But the thing is, the Chinese boy owed me more than just money" fuck, what the hell "He owed me favors"

"Put it on my tab" My voice is hoarse, there's not going back cause I'm not going to let Cal walk anywhere near drugs anymore "Whatever kind of favor you would ask Calum now you ask me, now I owe you" I stare into his eyes, I'm drowning myself in trouble. Now more than never Luke can't never know about this.