Twenty Four: Calum

On our flight back home I wanted to work the details of our visit to Karev with Calum but I knew if I asked Luke to trade seats with him, my new boyfriend would suspect we're up to something. And the last thing we all need is suspicious Luke.

When we landed at LAX I felt so tired and very homesick. And by home I mean LA, Canada stopped being my home in the minute I ran away with my problems. I got a new home and a new family, from the bottom of my heart I'm so glad Ashton stopped Tay and I at UCLA parking lot to help us, the boys mean the world to me, I love 3/4 of them like brothers and Luke has my heart.

"So we have a little situation" Ashton says after we get out baggages and wait for a cab. "Since Mikey dropped out he lost his spot at the dorms, and probably until the end of this week all four of us will be homeless"

"Mike stays with us" I say right away. "And you guys have this week to find a new place"

"And we could put a bed in our living room so all four of you stay with us until you find something" Taylor says with a smile, I nod agreeing

"I'm glad I have room privilege" Luke smirks and kisses my cheek, he and Ash high five each other with a big smile

"So that's settle!" I smile when two cabs park in front of us

Tay, Mikey and I got in one and Cal, Luke and Ash took the other. They said they'll drop by later to have dinner.

Mike barely spoke during the way to my flat and that really bothered me

"Are you okay, Mikey?" I ask bumping my shoulder on his

"Yeah, just tired from the trip" he smirks and turns his attention to the street

We remain in silence until the cab drop us by my flat. Mike makes himself comfortable on the couch with the video game and beer. Tay and I go unpack, my phone buzzes as soon as I take it out of my purse and turn it on. I have a voice mail from Jonah. I press play.

"Hey Alaska! So um, what's up? We haven't talked in days, I tried to call but your phone was off. Wanna catch a movie tonight? Call me back, bye babe" he sounds happy and cheerful. And called me babe. Oh boy

I dial his number back and bite my lip. Its sucks to break up over the phone but theres no other way, if I meet him I'll go soft.

"Jonah?" I say right after he accepts the call "hi, its Alaska"

"Oh, Hi!" His voice is joyful

"Sorry about disappearing" I look down "I went back to Canada for the weekend, you know visiting my family and stuff"

"Alright, that makes sense" he giggles. This will be hard "So, if you're not tired from the trip we could catch a movie"

"Thats not a good idea" I frown my face. I hate doing this. "Listen, Jonah... we can't see each other anymore" I say it all at once before I chicken out

"why not?" His voice is so sad "Was it something I did?"

"No no no" I rush to say "You've been nothing but great, its just that I'm not sure we're a good match" I already hate myself

"But I thought we were getting along so well"

"We were! But I have a feeling that we might get stuck in the friend zone" I twitch my jaw "I gotta go now, I'm really sorry. Bye" I hang up before he says anything

I lie in bed feeling bad about myself. Am I the kind of person that breaks other's heart that easily? My head hurts from thinking, I take an aspirin and go to sleep.

My phone buzzes right after I closed my eyes, there's no way I'm checking that.

I wake up feeling numb and lost in time. I tip toe my bed looking for my phone and find a body laying next to me. My first instinct is to open my eyes but I use my fingertips to identify the body, I'm far too tired to scare away this creep. The human being next to me giggles and snores and I know is Calum.