Chapter 6. We Need To Calm Down

Lauren's birthday is April 27th. It's March 21st. The Tokyo Eras Tour is April 29th.
My dreams may come true? Maybe?
She says that for last spring break she went to Canada so international travel isn't out of the question. And there's three reasons her parents might let her/us go.

1. She's been a Swiftie since Red (parents know she's dedicated)
2. She's super responsible, and went to San Francisco by herself and came back in one piece.
3. She doesn't really have any other friends besides me & the others, so her parents are just glad she has friends now

If we get to go to Tokyo... my life will be complete. She says she'll try to convince her parents tomorrow, and if they say no, I'm going to go over there and beg as well.
It's Tuesday and it's lunch. Me and Lauren are scheming ways to do a convincing presentation on why we HAVE to go. I'm going to try to buy my own plane & concert ticket, I literally have saved $263 for this very occasion.
Macy shakes her head and says, "You guys sure are die hard fans."
"She's not just my idol," I say, "HERE WE GO AGAIN." Macy groans. "She unites people together with the pure art of MUSIC. Like, that's how me and Lauren met! And! She's a good influence on her fans. She got all those people to vote!"
"Yeah!" Joselyn says from far away.
Kartha started sitting at Madison's table, aka The Claw Clippers (they all wear claw clips) it's really sad I'm going to anonymously deliver the books to her (against Lauren's advice) and write, "From a friend who is unbelievably sorry ♡". After that, if she doesn't forgive you, then whatever. I guess I lose a friend.

AND DON'T FORGET THAT I'M OFFICIALLY CRUSHING ON LAUREN, MY BFF. Here's my way of showing it: one time, I passed her a note in social studies, and put "xo" at the bottom! I hope she gets a clue one of these days. (I also sign off texts with a "xx") I'm also planning on doing a craft market to get the rest of the money for the tickets (I'm assuming her parents say yes) and I'm going to sell amigurumi and bracelets.

It's the next day, and me and Lauren prepared a lengthy presentation on the inspiration, impact, acclimation, influence, and complete bliss of the music of THE Taylor Swift. We sit her parents (and my mom) down in the kitchen. An hour goes by, and with a bit of improv begging, they say yes.
My mom is a bit hesitant, seeing as I would go without her to another country, but gives in. I'm so glad I have a swiftie friend. Otherwise, I'd literally go by myself.

Ok, so, the schedule is that we leave for Japan on April 26th. It takes 11 hours to get there, and we're staying at a AirBnB in Tokyo. We will celebrate Lauren's birthday at a sushi restaurant, and spend the days until the concert sight-seeing. Her parents aren't going to the concert (It'd be like more than $1,000 if we all went) and me and Lauren are going to be DECKED OUT in merch. Then, two days after that, we're leaving. OMG I AM SO EXCITED. Chloe is KEY LIME GREEN with envy, even through she doesn't like T.S.
I make a countdown to when we leave on my laptop. I'm doing the same thing for TTPD (The Tortured Poets Department) which will be out by then! Every day after school from now on, me and Lauren make T-Swift bracelets so we have enough. Each of us are going to make one for each album, and our top 5-8 favorite songs. If you are so curious to know our favs:
MINJI | LAUREN
The Man | invisible string
Karma | Getaway Car
Fearless | Our Song
The 1 | Death By A Thousand Cuts
State of Grace | Out Of The Woods
Lover | Enchanted

Being with her makes me so happy. Like it's all just a care-free blur. I can't believe I met her. AND IT'S NOT JUST 'CAUSE SHE'S A SWIFTIE. WE TALK ABOUT OTHER STUFF TOO! Also, I desperately need to tell somebody about my crush. I can't tell Kartha, or Joselyn, or Macy... maybe Adrien? I bet she would listen because I think she kind of admires me. At least I have a pretty clear head to think about all my COMPLICATED TEEN FEELINGS. Anyway, I'm so so so excited and I think I'm going to the most amazing time of my life on that trip.