"James jr"

I look up from my lap and notice that Elfe is prancing her way around the square table that everyone is sitting around. She was getting a lot of attention but also a lot of questioning looks. The Slytherin boy that I had gone to find earlier was petting Elfe she seemed to like him a lot. I looked up at the boy and we met eyes I could feel my cheeks burn under the gaze of his gray eyes. She finally stopped and sat down right in front of the only open seat. That's when James burst through the door.

"Sorry I'm late, I was erm," He tugged on the collar of his button-up. His hair was all over the place like usual but I noticed how his lips were redder than usual. He also had a slight scent of blueberry. "I was busy" he stammers out walking into the room.

"Okay Finally we can start," Lily stands up passing out a parchment to all of us in the room." We are having a protocol change this year I am hoping that it will help decrease the number of prefects that get beat up because they caught somebody," she says standing in front of her chair.

"James will you sit down, You distract me," Lily asks him politely

"No I will not sit down with that ugly cat on the table," He says pointing to it

Almost everyone in the room lets a laugh escape at the boy's antics. Lily knew we weren't on speaking terms so I knew she wouldn't bring me into it.

"Merlin you look like the bloody thing," she says as she pulled his chair out so it was touching the back wall, as far away from Elfe as possible. "Sit James." Lily scares me a lot this was one of those times.

"Okay I have made pairs for everyone, you will be with someone of the same year but not a house," She says 

I zone out as she reads out the long list only really listening for my name.

"Regulus Black & Estelle Riddle will patrol the 5-7th floor on Fridays and Mondays," Lily got quiet as she said my last name but continued. I was getting a lot of glances, especially from James he looked livid.

The meeting was finally over and I picked up Elfe and left as quickly as possible wanting to escape my brother. At last, I was not fast enough I had made it about 3 steps out the door when he grabbed my wrist making me drop my cat.

"Estelle" His grip was so tight it hurt "Why would you do that you're gonna get hurt," he said looking at me the other prefects were watching us.

"I'm not talking to you." Those are the only words that left my mouth as I grabbed the hand that was holding onto my wrist and pushing it off. 

The news spread like wildfire that the Potter siblings or at least I was not talking to James. Our school loved to gossip.

I had made it back to the compartment with the girls as they were just about to go change into their uniforms. I quickly grabbed mine so that I could join them. I told the girls that I would tell them tonight because it was a long story. We all changed Mary and I in our Gryffindor uniforms, Anna in her Slytherin, and Faith in her Ravenclaw we were quite the group.

The rest of the train ride consisted of all of us almost pissing ourselves once from laughter and  Anna had to jump over me to run to the restroom because she did piss herself.

...

The sight of the Hogwarts castle is the most breathtaking thing I've seen. I don't think I will ever get over how beautiful it is. The sorting ceremony was just as boring as ever. We would try and guess which house they would be sorted into Mary and I were quite good at it. We had been separated from our companions. It was heartbreaking, to say the least. After dinner we met up with the other two, agreeing to have a sleepover in Mary and I's dorm because we were the only two in it.

We heard two knocks on the portrait so me and mary went over to let the two girls in. We got settled in our room. The two beds were exactly opposite to one another I had taken the bed on the right farthest away from the bathroom, Mary usually uses it at least once a night so she wanted the closer one. We were all in our pjs surrounding the small fireplace that sat just opposite the door when you walked in. 

"Faith, care to tell me why I smelt you when my brother came in late to the meeting with his hair and clothes all messed up?" I prodded her

Her cheeks flushes red with embarrassment "How the hell did you catch that!" she exclaimed moving away from me cause I was poking her.

"Because I'm not stupid I see the way he looks at you," I say rolling my eyes

We were all somewhat messed up I knew when I told them the truth that they would understand I knew they wouldn't befriend me but what if they did?
"Estelle?" Ana croaks out

"Yeah," I say looking at her

"Erm, someone told me in the prefect meeting that when Lily called out your name it wasn't Estelle Potter it was Estelle Riddle" As she finished her sentence my heart dropped. The room went so quiet that I thought that they could hear how fast and hard my heart was beating.

I kept my head lowered not meeting their eyes as I walked over to my trunk pulling out a copy of the letter that my mom wrote for me. I handed it to Ana as the other two crowded around her to read it as well.

My head was spinning with the worst possible outcomes I could feel how thick the air in the room had become as the girls read the letter.

"Oh Estelle," Mary says coming over to hug me

The other two join her in a big group hug that lasts for several minutes.

"How long have you known?" Faith asks rubbing my hand

"I always have" my voice cracked "I was afraid that you guys wouldn't like me anymore. So I just never told anyone. My brother's friends just found out the other day because James is such a stupid twat"

"Estelle I don't think you could do anything that would make me stop being your friend," Ana says

"What did he do?" Mary asks "I might skin him"

I laugh at her statement "You know my broom I used to have? It was my mom's when she played Seeker here. I came up to my room the other day and it was practically disintegrated" I say sitting up straighter.

"I going to murder him," Faith says jumping to her feet

"Wait what are you gonna do?" I'm intrigued

"Let's just say I'm gonna get James jr to act up and I'm not gonna do shit about it. I'm hoping it gives him blue-balls which I think I will" she says slipping out the door.

"Merlin, I aspire to do that one day," Mary says wide-eyed

"I decided after what James did that I would listen to my mother and not be afraid to tell anyone and so I changed it to Riddle," I say looking at Ana

"I support whatever decisions you make," she says

"James seems to think I'm doing this despite him" I groan as I get up and go flop on my extremely comfy bed.

Ana who was lying on the floor in front of the fireplace in a star-like position says "You make me hate your brother more and more every day. Thank you"

A laugh rolled from my belly I was laughing hysterically and whenever I tried to breathe a loud snort came from my nose. I was always told I had the funniest laugh and I don't know if that is a good or a bad thing.

Faith came back thirty minutes later as soon as she shut the door she started laughing so hard.
A huge bang came upon the door.

"Faith I know you're in there" It was James "Come on please don't leave me like this" my brother was begging.

Faith had a hand over her mouth to stop her laugh from being heard.

"Go away you creep your gonna scare the first years" Mary yelled at him.

After a couple of seconds of trying to stay quiet, we couldn't anymore and all started to break down. This night would be hard to beat

—————————————————————

Erm chat if u don't hear from me it's bcs of the caitlin clark loss 😥