"Your dead to me!"

It was now one week until school started and I sat in the kitchen the French doors were wide open and all of the windows. I let the early moring air fill my senses, both of my feet were on my chair as I hugged my knees while I read. My cat Elfe struts into the kitchen head held high like she owns the place.

"Well hi there! Where have you been off too" I say to her as she jumps up onto the wooden table her brown shiny coat glimmering in the sun.

    Her name is quite ironic. Shes an Oriental Shorthair cat to be quite frank with you she is in all honestly quite ugly. But that is what I think makes her just as adorable. Also her resemblance to an elf is uncanny thats why I named her that. Duh.

    The swinging door to the kitchen opens as Remus and Peter enter. They both look at me with a look of shock and fear. I send a glare at them as I go back to petting elfe who was now rolling in the sunlight that came through the open doors and windows as I pet her stomach. I was joined by the two in a couple of moments. They sat as far away from me as possible weird I thought silently. The two boys eyes met each others before looking at me and back down at their food.

"Hey shouldn't our letters be here?" I say looking at the two.

"Erm uh I- I think so" Peter struggles to get the words out.

    Almost as soon as he finished his sentence we were joined by the rest of their gang. Just how Remus and Peter acted they looked scared and frightened at the sight of me. Except for the loud girly squeal James let out in fright of seeing me.

"Lord you guys are weird" I whispered as I kept reading.

    The sound of chairs screeching on the floor informed me that they also sat as far away as possible from me like they were trying to hide something. Thats when I saw the big fat owl that was carrying 5 letters to the table. I stood up taking the letters and passing them out to the boys and sitting down with my own as the big owl left Elfe tried to bat at it. I opened the letter peeling off the wax emblem that held it together as carefully as possible. I saved every Hogwarts letter I had ever gotten, it was almost like tradition at this point. No it was tradition.

    I was informed I was a prefect again in the letter along with what I would be needing for the upcoming year. I set my letter down as I witness James stand up extremely fast knocking his chair over in the process, basically giving himself whiplash as he holds a badge in his hands that I know is too large to be a prefect badge.
"There is no way" I say looking at him

"Oh but yes there is a way" He flashes a smile at me while he says this

"Your looking at your new head boy" He boasts as he pins the badge to his muggle band t-shirt.

I roll my eyes at this information.

"Im still a prefect" Remus states looking at me "Same with you im guessing?"

"Yeah" I say picking up the red and gold badge before dropping it back on the table with a sigh.

Elfe was still on the table watching the commotion just lying there I knew she didn't mind. There was a crack, then another from the foyer. Then the door swung open to mum and dad.

"Well hello dears" Mum said sing songy she had this aroma around her that was so comforting.
"I was hoping to find you here" She added.

"James whats got you all exited" My father adds with a laugh.

"I have a announc-" he starts to say.

"Hes head boy and he wont shut up about it" I say in one breath.