Chapter16

Wen Xu walks off the elevator and approaches the receptionist's desk, unaware she is part of Lan Zhan's crack team. He smiles broadly, "Well, hello, beautiful. Can you let your CEO know I am here for an appointment with him?"

"Certainly, he is finishing a call." Would you like some coffee while you wait, she says as she bats her eyelashes at him.

"Yes, I would thank you," Wen Xu says. He is so focused on her that he does not notice his bodyguards have been removed. Suddenly, the intercom buzzes.

"If my next appointment has arrived, please show them in."

"Yes, sir, right away." She escorts Wen Xu into Lan Zhan's office, keeping Wen Xu focused on her.

Lan Zhan doesn't look up right away, giving the impression that this meeting is unimportant to him. While smoldering inside, Wen Xu keeps a calm and pleasant face. For long moments, there is silence.

Wen Xu breaks the silence by saying, "I expected someone older, like my father's age."

His icy amber eyes complement Lan Zhan's cold and arrogant demeanor. "While my Uncle is away, I am in charge of Lan Corporation. I am still Mr. Lan to you. Why did you request this meeting?

"I see; you must be Lan Zhan, the Ice Prince; I have heard of you. Several weeks ago, you hired a graphic designer, and  I lost one. If he came from my company, I want to negotiate and compensate you in return. I want him back."

Lan Zhan stands up from behind the desk and crosses his arms across his chest. 
"What if I refuse?"

"There are three  of us against one; that is hardly good odds, wouldn't you say?"

Lan Zhan smirked, "I see no one but you. Were others with you?"

Wen Xu looked around, and indeed, he was alone. "Where are my stupid bodyguards?" he thinks. "What have you done with my men?"

"Nothing, I simply removed them from the premises."

"How dare you! Do you know who I am?"\

"I do; I just don't care."

"Getting in my way will bring you pain and regret."

"Getting in my way will bring you death; which do you prefer?"

Wen Xu pales upon hearing Lan Zhan's words, but he is so close. He cannot give up now. He will not lose his face again.

"Who did you say you lost?"

"Wei Ying, his name is Wei Ying. I want him back."

"Too bad, he belongs to me now. I  have no intention of releasing him to you."

"Give him back, or you will regret it."

"Wei Ying, come out, please."

Wei Ying comes out and stands next to Lan Zhan.

 "Is he the person you lost?"

Seeing Wei Ying before him makes Wen Xu's tongue loose.

"Have you informed him of your inappropriate behavior towards me? It would be best if you took responsibility; I cannot afford to lose face again because of you."

"Yes, he knows about you and me; he knows the truth of what really happened. Lan Zhan knows of your advances towards me and how you tried to rape me and threatened me with danger towards my son. I will never go anywhere with you. I chose to stay at Lan Zhan's side."