"I don't need a spokesman," Clary cuts him off, "I need a plan."

"Do we really have to tolerate this nuisance?" Alec muttered under his breath after Clary walked towards the Ops Center, with Jace right behind her, "She's making my head hurt."

"Patience, big brother." Isabelle chuckled, looping her arms on both of us, "Come on. We have things to do."

"Uh, look at all this stuff, these screens." Clary stutters, her arms flailing around as she walked around the Ops, "I mean, can any of this help me find Simon? Where is he anyway? Some kind of crypt in Transylvania?"

Jace led us at the center table, with old books still scattered at the top, "Actually,no." He said and turned to us, "That was Camille's outfit, right?"

Isabelle sat on the table, eyes skimming the books, as I took one of the chairs beside her while Alec stood behind me, his hands gripping on the back rest of my chair. I nodded to Jace, confirming his assumptions, "They're locals."

"They're at the Hotel DuMort, down in Gansevoort Street." Isabelle added. Clary stared at her, confused.

"And we came back here?" She asked, looking slightly horrified at the thought, "Why? We have to go there! Let's go, now. Come on."

I pursed my lips, crossing my legs as I leaned back to glanced up at Alec, who nodded in silent understanding, "We need a Clave resolution for that." I reminded, throwing Clary a wary glance.

"The fours us can't declare war on vamps all by ourselves." Alec said, "We can't react without considering our options. Downworlders are slaves to their impulses. We're not."

"Alec," Isabelle drawled, and gave him a funny look, "you can't stomp on all the Downworlders."

"Oh, that's right." Alec chuckled, "Seelies have their charms, apparently."

"Seelies?" Clary questioned.

"Like faeries," Jace smiled at her, "The Fair Folk. Add pixies, nixies, elves - anybody half-angel, half-demon. It's pretty much a catch-all term."

"Izzy can tell you all about them," I laughed, "She's got a thing."

"We've all got our things, don't we?" She quips, a knowing smile crosses her face as she glanced between Alec and I.

"Okay. I can't listen to this. Simon's been kidnapped by vampires." Clary shook her head in disbelief, and started to walk away, "I guess I'll just take care of it myself."

Jace straightened, all humor in his expression gone as he called out to Clary, "Clary, you're gonna get yourself killed," He sighed, "Clary. Simon, too."

Clary tensed, and walked back to us, "Then help me. While we consider other options, my best friend is suffering." She leaned forward, her hands flat against the table top, "Is that something Shadowhunters understand or am I just being a mundane?"

"Yes, we understand, Clary. We are Shadowhunters, but we are not heartless." I snapped in irritation, not liking the way she talked to us.

"Clary's right." Jace gave me a look, before signaling us to huddle closer. I crossed my arms out in annoyance, but leaned closer to hear what he has to say.

My annoyance and discomfort quickly fades as Alec gently placed a hand over my shoulder, and leaned over me. A shiver traveled down my spine, making me swallow. Too close.

"They made the first move," I heard Jace said, "We're gonna take care of this ourselves, right now -"

"This is a bad idea." Alec interjected but Jace shook his head.