0 - Description

Description:

Joel Rogers is a strong, scruffy and hilarious soldier. He is struggling to get by, looking after his pregnant sister after coming back from The Great War (WW1).

Joel takes up the role of brother, uncle and father figure to his nephew while also trying to find a decent-paying job to support them during the fallout of the war.
While navigating the unforgiving time that is the early 20th Century, Joel has to deal with many hardships, such as The Great Depression.

However, when his nephew's friend, Bucky, gets older and starts to develop an attraction to him, things begin to get more complicated.
But, the pressures of Joel's job as a covert SSR Agent leave him blind to Bucky's affections and Bucky takes up dancing with different women to try and distract himself.

Finally, when the looming of WW2 starts to come between them, Bucky has to figure out how he'll survive enlistment before he can figure out what to do with his growing feelings.
But will they ever be able to find love in the early 20th Century or were they doomed from the start?

***

[REUPLOAD 7/4/24]

Wattpad removed my story, so reuploading. Will go through and edit if needed.

Do not know why it was removed. Had to make a new cover, since one of the few things that I did not back up.

***