𝟢𝟤𝟨,𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐢𝐭𝐲

Start from the beginning

"Not the time, Camil."

At his words, though, she turns around. "Oh wow. You're actually as tall as Gally."

"You're actually really small now I look at you."

"Stop."

"It's the truth."

"From now on, no one comments on my height. You know how fucking stupid it sounds that I'm a small girl who kills? Very stupid, because even the world 'small girl' icks me."

They hold up their hands. "We got it."

"Good. Lower the hands already."

Camil and Gally share a glance. Camil snorts. "Why don't you do it for me?"

"I'm really close to killing you, too."

"Can you even reach my heart?"

"Guys!" Thomas peeps, panicked. "Come on. We've got to hurry."

"This isn't gonna work."

"It will." A pause. "...I hope."

"Nice peptalk," Minho mumbles.

There's a loud crash. The door slams open, they get triggered by the face of a rat, yelp, and jump down before thinking they might die because of this after all.

"OH SHIT!"
"THOMAS!"

Yells like that get taken away by the air rushing beside them. Her stomach is doing flips as she gets closer and closer to the water.

Once she hits it, darkness surrounds her. The extreme high fall made her end up deeper in the liquid than she wanted to, and it takes a lot of energy to swim up. She gasps for air by the time she has made it. The girl looks up.

Janson is standing all the way back up, furious. As everyone swims away, Thomas holds up his middle finger.

"I think I like you again," she decides.

"And I think you're bipolar."

"Don't joke about mental illnesses."

"As if you haven't done that before."

"Shut up."

"No."

"Yes."

"You shut up."

"I told your first—"

Teresa sighs. "Guys, come on. Let's just get the hell out of here before Lawrence arrives and something goes wrong."

They all agree to that, even though Joan scowls at Thomas and he scowls back, and they start walking.

"Newt?" Gally calls. "Where are you, Brenda, and Fry?"

"Right beside the city," replies the British voice. "We got the kids out. Brenda almost bloody crashed that bus, but she did it. We're waiting for you with Jorge. And guess what, Jorge brought a stray."

"-I heard that!"

"Oh, shut up, Vince." Newt manages a chuckle.

Well, that confirms he's been cured.

"The tunnels are a few blocks away," Gally says. "We'll be there as soon as possible. And after that, we've got some serious shit to figure out."

"Okay. Help Camil push the chair so—"

"Don't worry about his wheelchair," Teresa interrupts, nearly grinning. "He really got it under control."

Camil catches up with them so he can talk into the walkie. "Yeah, Newt! Did you know I'm six foot two?"

"What—"

But Gally disconnects them before more confusion breaks out. "Come on. Keep walking. Joan, or... whatever this... whoever this is," he looks down at the girl in his arms, "she's freezing."

Thud.

"Tom!" Teresa gasps, pressing a hand to her mouth.

Innocently, he looks at her. "What? She did it to me first! I just didn't fall."

With a groan, Joan gets off the ground. "You're dead. Absolutely fucking dead."

"What did he—"

"He kicked the back of my knees!" She yelps. "I hate you."

"See? Bipolar."

"Guys, it's not the time to mess around—"

"He broke my ankle, now he tries to break it again."

"Technically it was your shoe what broke your ankle, so— ow!"

"Guys," Camil takes their arms. "Come on. Do this somewhere else, please. Ain't got no time."