𝟢𝟣𝟥,...𝐬𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐚𝐤

"I miss him," she whispers.

Gally hums a bit, eyes focused on his own fingers, which are trailing over her wrist.

"Camil, I mean," she adds. "Also Minho, but I was way closer to Camil. I miss our talks."

"We'll save him. Both of them," he assures. "You can always talk to me, though."

"Honestly, no offense, but you wouldn't understand what we talk about."

"Offense taken."

The corners of her lips curve up a bit. Her smile disappears as fast as it came, and she watches along with him.

"I hate that."

"What?" He murmurs.

"That scar."

His eyes were already focused on the scar on her wrist, and his finger stop right in the center of it. "I don't. It's kinda cool. You can tell people that a giant creature bored its way through your flesh."

"Cute."

"With pink bows and hearts."

"And dicks. Pink dicks."

"Sure," he laughs. At that, her face lights up. She turns the pillow below her head around to get to the better side, then watches him for a few seconds.

"I should decorate your room," she decides.

"I think it's fine."

Joan pulls a face. "This? The walls are made of grey concrete, your closet is an ugly, metal thing, your bed squeaks and the sheets are boring, and I'm not even talking about how empty it is here!"

"But," he insists, "we can't make this our home. And I'll only ever have a decorated room if you're in it. Meaning, we wait 'till the Safe Haven."

Humming, her head tilts to the side. "Okay. Decent reason." A pause. "We'll get our own room in the Safe Haven?"

He snickers at her excitement. "I'll build it."

"Better be something stable! Hm... navy blue walls, dark red closet, flowers on the sheets, greenish furniture? I'm sure it'll totally match with—"

"Will you ever let go of it?"

"Never." She grins. "Has it become your favorite color by now?"

"It's become the absolute worst color."

"Good for you I'm wearing black today."

"Oh, really?"

She follows the boy with her eyes, who slowly starts hovering over her. "Really. Need to check it out?"

"Not gonna decline."

***

"I absolutely regret coming here."
Vince is the first to speak.

Squeak. "I absolutely regret wishing for them to be nice to each other," Newt replies. "A little too nice."

Brenda covers her mouth with a hand, laughing. Squeak. "It's pretty funny, isn't it?"

Thomas's mouth opens to reply, but he gets interrupted by a certain, 'Oh, Gally', and then sighs.

Jeff plops down on a chair, grinning. "This is literally amazing. You know how long I've waited for the—"

"We don't want to know," Jorge interrupts. Squeak, squeak, sq— "And... I'm out."

Vince quickly follows after the man, leaving the teenagers alone with the best existing background music ever.

Three seconds later, Brenda gets up with a mischievous grin. Her fist clenches and unclenches a few times before she gives three firm knocks on Gally's door.

"What are you doing?" Newt hisses.

She holds a finger to her mouth, still grinning.

"Eh, yeah?" The voice comes out so hoarse and surprised that they can barely tell which one of the couple it is.

"What do y'all want for dinner?" Brenda wonders, crossing her arms over her grey shirt. "Fry's about to cook."

"Uhm—" That's Joan. "Maybe—oh—hm... pasta."

"We're busy," says Gally. "But we'll make sure to eat very well... later."

The girl covers up a laugh. "I'm sure you will, Gal. Enjoy it."

"Thanks."

Once she has turned around again, the boys stare at her. "Are you insane? Don't do that again. Gally once almost killed me only because I—"

"Nobody cares."

"I do." Thomas looks up with a full mouth. "Tell me, Jeff. What did you do? Can't be worse than me."

"Interrupted their kiss."

"I built the damn Maze."

"And he wanted to kill bloody both of you in the same way for way different reasons?"

Triumphant, Thomas turns to Newt. "Yup."

***

A/n: This is short and awful but alright