Chapter 8. Rooted with trust and loyalty

Magsimula sa umpisa

As they entered the house I greeted them. They were three close friends of Jermaine who knew him before he was a professional basketball player. Despite my initial annoyance, I couldn't help but enjoy the banter and laughter that filled the room as they caught up on old times and shared jokes.

꧁꧂

 "Typically men characteristic

"Typically men characteristic. Supposedly plan to give you their full undivided attention, yet meanwhile they arrange other plans..." I trailed off to Whitely and Evie as we met up for brunch.

They both agreed, having experienced similar situations. We all laughed at the irony of men always managing to create these unplanned distractions at the most inconvenient times.

Whitely chimed in, "I gave Isaac the silent treatment for a whole day after he did that to me last month. Okay so yeah being pregnant makes us women more needy, but so what? Deal with it," she declared, taking a sip of her mimosa.

"Yea I must admit, I'm more clingy towards Jermaine since getting pregnant too," I commented. "But I think secretly he loves it. It's like he gets a kick out of being the center of my attention, even if it means dealing with my occasional mood swings and possessiveness," I added with a chuckle.

Evie nodded in agreement, "Men do seem to thrive on being the object of our affection, even if it comes with some extra drama and intensity."

"Speaking of men. Are you looking forward in your Bahamas vacation with Dan?" I asked Evie.

Evie's eyes lit up at the mention of her upcoming vacation. "Oh, absolutely. I can't wait to relax on the beach and enjoy some quality time with him."

Whitely raised her mimosa glass in a toast. "Here's to Evie romantic vacations and men who hopefully don't double-book their plans!"

We all laughed and clinked our glasses together, savoring the moment of our friendship.

꧁꧂

I was in the living room discussing upcoming basketball practices over the phone with Coach John when Renae playfully approached me and provocatively removed her robe, revealing a new lingerie set she had bought

I was in the living room discussing upcoming basketball practices over the phone with Coach John when Renae playfully approached me and provocatively removed her robe, revealing a new lingerie set she had bought. She strutted around the room, flaunting her new outfit, while I tried to focus on the conversation at hand.