yippee time. || twenty seven.

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶

Ainsley was rummaging through her closet to find something cute to wear.

"You're literally just gonna study with him for like an hour, just wear what you'd normally wear. " Carla let out from Ainsley's bed. She had been watching Ainsley pick out and put back the same piece of clothing for almost 2 hours now.

"It's different when it's your boyfriend that you're going to be studying with." Skyler's voice was heard from Ainsley's phone.

" You know this is really weird. Seeing Ainsley all girly-girly is so weird. " Nora commented.

" I beg to differ, Ainsley was obsessed with pink and princesses when she was little. " Skyler began, " But she just got tired of it all and changed aesthetics. "

" But now Ainsley is more Ainsley than what past Ainsley sounds like. " Nora said.

" You srsly need to expand your vocab sis." Ainsley mumbled, still looking for an outfit.

" How come you're always ready to be mean to Nora despite how busy you are? " Iris commented.

" Ikr?"

" HOW ABOUT THIS?! " Ainsley yelled out, startling the others.

In her hands were an oversized purple knit sweater and a pair of shorts.

"Really?"

"Yeah I gave up on looking hot, comfy it is." Ainsley said, lowering her hands from holding the clothes high up.

"Well you just wasted an hour and 46 minutes of my day." Carla suddenly pulled out her phone and stopped her timer before walking away.

Nora just shrugged and gave Ainsley a thumbs up before leaving, while Iris...just sprinted out. Like literally. She got off the bed and didn't even glance at Ainsley before zooming out like an NPC.

Ainsley questioned her choice of best friends for a second.

Carla timed every single thing in her life, Nora was just straight up cringe (and she liked Malfoy, ew.) and Iris was Iris (and old.)

Ainsley got dressed, and dumped a few books and notebooks in her canvas bag. It was 17:53 (blue hour!) when she was finally ready to leave, just a few minutes until the time they had discussed.

Ainsley got out of her room and was immediately startled by Malfoy, who seemed to have locked himself out of his room. Ainsley almost spoke to him, but the second their eyes met Ainsley remembered it all.

She didn't like that they were fighting. Not even fighting, they were just over. Even more, this has also been causing problems in Nora and his relationship.

The other day, Ainsley overheard an argument. It was about her. Though it made Ainsley a lil bit happy that Nora cared enough about her to talk about it with him even if it didn't end well, she was feeling guilty of breaking something they had.

This had happened once before. Ainsley almost broke one of Nora's friendships. Everyone and their mothers knew that Ainsley held a strong dislike towards Zena Kasper and her opinions had influenced Nora, who was close friends with Zena, to doubt her intentions.

Ainsley was only looking out for naive lil Nora, well that's at least what she told people. As much as that was true, it wasn't the only reason. Ainsley also felt disconnected from everyone and everything. Alone, again.

That was strange. She was strange. Keeping things to herself was something she was used to. But after meeting Iris, Carla and Nora, she began sharing her thoughts. Not all of them, but gradually she made progress.

Now that she had been doing that for 3 years, she simply got so used to it that being unable to share her feelings, though she sucked at it, made her heart ache.

Ainsley was beginning to lose her energy while thinking of it all, so she chose to close all the tabs for now. All she had been doing the past few weeks was vent and whine to Cyno. She felt like she was always talking about herself.

So she promised herself that this evening, she was not going to allow herself to be emo. Only lovey dovey stuff tonight.

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶

Ainsley settled down in Cyno's room and looked around. She had never actually taken a proper look at his room.

His room was organised. Very organised. Even Kuro, who Ainsley had brought along, seemed to be amazed by how Cyno's room was in contrast to Ainsley's.

Kuro had gotten really fond of Cyno. He never listened to Ainsley but always made sure that he did to Cyno. Guess bitches weren't the only ones Cyno pulled.

"What do you want to study first?" Cyno asked, causing Ainsley to get out of her trance.

"I thought of potions? It's a bit harder than the rest."

"Sure, give me a sec." Cyno got up and brought back three huge books with him.

"Don't tell me that we're gonna go through all of that." Ainsley's pupils quivered at the thought.

" Well, you lack some of the basics since you joined in the middle. So I thought that I might go over that first." Cyno explained.

Though Ainsley didn't want to study all that, it only made sense that she did. Maybe it all would get heaps easier.

"I'll try my utmost to teach you, don't stress yourself out."

"I'm not stressed. "

" The frown on your face tells me otherwise."

She fixed her expression before speaking,

" Oh. I'm not now." Ainsley smiled, awkwardly.

Cyno chuckled at her smile and proceeded to the actual reason they gathered.

Two hours passed, they almost finished studying.

Cyno was very patient with her, and answered all her dumb questions. He would make a great teacher, she thought. He explained things to her until she was finally clear with it without complaining.

They were so focused that they skipped dinner.

"Cyno." Ainsley called out his name, stopping him from putting back his books in place.

"I'm sorry you had to skip dinner because of me."

"Oh it was worth it. I got to spend time with my one and only." Cyno chuckled.

"But still.." Ainsley stopped mid-sentence as she realised that it was turning into one of her usual vents that she decided wouldn't unfold that night.

"Still, what?" Cyno successfully cleaned the space up.

Ainsley's mind suddenly gave her a solution.

"Do you like ramen?"

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶

Okay, this was actually an even longer chapter but it exceeded my usual word count so I decided to continue it in the next one.

-RJ <3

(word count: 1074.)