glowing books. || one.

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶
[Ainsley Carlton.]

07:23 read the clock as I patted almost the whole bed in the search of my phone.

"Where the fu- oh yeah. I left it by my desk." I let out as I sigh having no choice but to get my ass up the bed. Getting out of my room, I was welcomed by my mother's figure pouring herself a cup of tea.

She was going on about how my father wouldn't let her sleep and asked her to help him get ready. I was used to it. Just as I was heading to the living room, I remembered my initial objective. I sighed as I turned around to go back to my room when I was startled by my father doing something. I couldn't put my finger on it but I think he was.. streching. Not sure.

"My body hurts as if I was beaten up. Its probably because I do all the work in this house. Neither your mom nor you actually care about it." I heard him say. And of course I didn't keep quite. This was an answer he'd always hear from me.

"Or maybe you're just aging? Who knows man." I mumbled sleepy, but I was sure he heard it because I could hear him say that no cares about him in this family.

Many people might think that I'm being rude/ disrespectful to my parents but we're just hella casual to each other. They're strict but chill, it's complicated.

As real as it can get, we weren't a perfect family. We were nowhere near perfect. It was more like we're just doing it because it happened to turn out this way. My parents couldn't tolerate each other anymore. Could it be because after their marriage they forgot about each other and focused on their child? Who knows. Something that I do know is I need to get outta here ASAP and finally let these two live in peace.

Sliding my phone off the table, I checked my notifications.

'Jujutsu Kaisen episode 2 is out now! Check it out and give us your thoughts!'

Was one of them. Mentally noting that down, I opened Spotify and played my usual parent safe playlist and went on to get ready for school.

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶
[Ainsley Carlton.]

Getting my way through the hallways, I was able to make out a familiar figure of my fellow friend.

"Hey!! Nora." I yelled as I made my way closer to the tall girl. "You forgot we have a free period, didn't ya?" I asked and I felt someone's presence behind me which I guessed were the other two of our friends.

"Right. We have a free period. This school knows how to mess with people's mind." She groaned, clearly annoyed while the three of us just laughed at how annoyed she sounded. "So.. what plans do yall have?" Carla questioned

"I wish I could chill with some hot chocolate while reading my HP book. But I can't do that unless they stop giving us lots of school work. " Typical Nora, I thought to myself. Then I heard Iris say something about anime, which reminded me that I was yet to watch the second episode of jjk. Before I could give in my answer, Carla spoke out.

"Guys, c'mon. Harry Potter and anime isn't everything. " Annoyance was evident in her tone. I was quick to reply with "Shush you. Wouldn't you rather just sit your ass at home doing nothing than wasting your time at this hell of a school?"

"No, I don't. I'm a very productive individual."

"I didn't know playing with Kyron and cleaning up after him was considered something productive."

Kyron was her dog.

"Better than you if you'd ask me. I bet all you do is simp over kpop idols." Carla said in just a breath."

"At least I admit it unlike you." I shrugged just as the bell rang, letting us know it was almost time for us to head to class.

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶
[Ainsley Carlton.]

A click sound was heard when I locked the door behind me. Heading straight to the kitchen to grab a glass of water, I unlocked my phone to let my folks know that I reached home and would be spending the night at Nora 's. They were both police officers, meaning that they weren't home most of the time so it was pretty usual for me to spend a few nights at my friends' place.

After I was done leaving a text, I connected my phone to the speaker and played my playlist.

'Everytime I'm with you like a time machine, got everybody jealous like you seventeen. On God, you're a cover of a magazine. Got me feelin' like damn. '

Singing along to the songs, I made myself some ramen which I wanted to eat while watching anime. I took a glance at the wall clock which read 16:39. I still had lots of time before the sleepover.

It was at 17:03 that I reached Nora 's place. I had cycled my way there. Coincidentally enough, the other two entering the house when I got there. I opened my mouth intending to greet the two who stood opposite to me but I was cut off by Nora yelling her whereabouts.

I rolled my eyes at the fact that God basically tells me to stfu once every minute or two.

We three headed towards Nora's storeroom. I assumed she was looking for her Harry Potter novels. She's one devout potterhead, that's for sure.

As soon as I entered, something caught my eye. It was glowing...? Have I gone crazy? I thought to myself. But that didn't last long as Iris also seemed to notice it and pointed that out. Everyone turned to the direction from where the glow came from.

I looked closer trying to figure out what that even was when I realised something.

"Aren't those your HP novels?"

Before there was a chance for anyone to answer my question, four entities popped out of one of them. It was the Prisoner Of Azkaban.

Soon after, those entities became clear to us. It was four of the main characters. Or namely, Harry, Ron, Hermione and Draco.

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶

It's about to go down, fr.
-RJ <3

(word count- 1043)