Part 14: Slow Grace

FF bondage, toys

Shannon traced the edge of her duvet with a tentative finger, the cotton cool and smooth beneath her touch. She glanced at Maya, who was sprawled across the bed they often shared in more ways than one, slowly turning pages in a book. Shannon's question simmered in her mouth. Gathering her courage, she cleared her throat softly.

"Maya, do you have room in your brain for a sex question?" Her voice barely rose above a whisper, but it caught Maya's attention instantly.

"Of course," Maya said, sliding a bookmark in her paperback, her short hair framing her face in soft waves that accentuated her radiant smile. "What's on your mind?"

Shannon took a deep breath, feeling the cool air fill her lungs before releasing it slowly. "Ever since we went to the store, I've kept thinking about... well, bondage, I guess." The words hung between them, delicate. "And I keep wondering what it feels like to... feel that release, but without my hands... without me doing anything."

Maya's eyebrows lifted slightly, her lips parting in a small 'o' of surprise that quickly morphed into a look of understanding. She shifted her position, turning to face Shannon fully, her legs crossed, her impossible figure a contrast to the vulnerability emanating from Shannon's petite form.

"Tell me more about what you're imagining," Maya encouraged, her tone warm and inviting. "What's feeling attractive about being bound?"

Shannon fiddled with the hem of her shirt, her gaze dropping to her hands before meeting Maya's steady eyes again. "It's just... I always feel like I'm trying to calculate a thousand things. Like I have to be. Something about not being able to use my hands feels like I'm not supposed to be figuring everything out."

"Okay, I get that," Maya nodded, leaning forward slightly. "Tell me more. How tight do you imagine these restraints? Are we talking silk scarves, professional metal cuffs...?"

"Something soft, but secure," Shannon replied, her cheeks warming to a faint pink. "And not too tight. I don't want it to hurt or anything. Just... to feel held."

Maya nodded attentively. Shannon nervously pulled her childhood stuffed rabbit, Mr. Bunny, close to her chest before going on.

"But-at the exact same time-it sounds freaky scary. Even if I just try to imagine it with you, here in our dorm room with the door locked. My brain is afraid someone will come in and I'll be exposed and open and they can get into me, or even just that they'll see me naked and there's nothing I'll be able to do about it. Which I know is super dumb," Shannon concluded, her bottom lip pouting.

"Not super dumb at all, hon," Maya pushed back, gently running the back of her nails along Shannon's forearm, studying her.

"I think that's kind of the whole point of being the sub in bondage play for most of us. It feels thrilling to let go, but scary too. Like we really want to get to the thrilling part, past the scary feelings.

Shannon looked over to Maya, her pigtails spilling over her shoulders as she tilted her head. She'd never really felt so gotten by someone before her roommate.

"The way it works, though, is we find the exact point where you feel some of that thrill, but not too much of that fear. It's just a balancing act."

"Okay," Shannon agreed, a small smile tugging at her lips as she leaned back against her pillows, her heart a little lighter with every beat.

Living with Maya had turned her bed-literally and figuratively-into such a safe, warm, and close little cocoon, where secret things were able to rise up inside her.

Maya leaned in with a suggestion that elegantly balanced Shannon's terror and pleasure.

"Shan," she murmured, her voice a velvet caress against the quiet, "how would this feel? I have a magic wand vibrator that could be perfect for this. It's definitely strong enough that we can use it over your underwear, so you're less exposed... but it could still be intensely... satisfying."