•6•

Na Jaemin is the only son of Mr. Na Jaehyun, the owner of one of the most successful companies in South Korea named Soonyang.

My father has a nice business relationship with them.

We also attended the same high school and were best friends.

Then he went to the USA for further studies, but we were in contact until both of us got busier with our careers.

But I can't let it slide that he returned last month and didn't contact me.

Here I was getting ready to go on a date with him fixed by my dad.

He surely is eager, man like we had this conversation just the day before yesterday, and here I am already having a date with a potential future husband.

Well, just kidding, it will more likely be a reunion.

I got a call from my dad.

"Yes, dad, I am almost ready."

"Okay, do you need anything?"

"No, dad, now let me get ready."

"Okay, okay." With that, he hung up the call.

After 10 minutes, I got downstairs and I saw his facial features relaxing.

"Don't worry, dad, I am not running away," I said as I hugged him.

"I am more eager to meet him as I already have plenty of reasons to beat him up first,"

I said as I broke the hug, and he just gave me a forehead kiss while saying,

"Be alright."

I nodded before saying,

"Be concerned about the one outside."

He just chuckled, and we bid each other goodbyes.

I came out of my house and saw him waving at me as if nothing had happened.

I fast-walked in his direction and smacked his shoulder.

"Aah, what kind of greeting is this to your best friend?"

"Best friend my ass..."
I said while giving him another smack at the same spot.

"Couldn't you contact me when you returned a few months ago? This is what you call friendship."

"I am so sorry, my little Annabelle,"
he said as he pulled me into a hug.

He used to call me that because, according to him, I looked scary when angry and ugly when crying.

"Well, I missed you," I said as I hugged him back.

"I missed you too, and again, really sorry for not telling you about my return. I got busy with my work,"
he said as he broke the hug.

"So, as we are having our reunion not just as friends but as each other's date," he said, mocking me.

"Yeah, it was not my idea in the first place,"
I said, again pissed off with him mocking me.

Like, why the hell does he have to do this?

"But still, you agreed to it,"
he said with his eyebrows raised.

"Well, I think it goes for both sides then," I said, proud of my nice comeback.

"Hmm, someone is being savage, huh?"

"Someone is being shameless to let his best friend stand under the direct sun for so long, huh,"
I said, mocking him in return.

"Oh, sorry, come on in," he said while opening the car door for me.

We got in, and he continued.

"Now, jokes apart, how have you been?" he said with softness in his eyes.

I took a deep breath before replying.
"Quite fine."

"Well, as you agreed to this offer, so that means you were unsuccessful in the end to find someone for yourself, huh?"

I asked him jokingly, trying to lighten up the atmosphere.

As he started the car and played some rock music, I was impressed by how much he remembered about me.

He let out a dramatic sigh before replying,
"Well, maybe my high school crush didn't let me get over her, and here I am all single after all this time."

My eyes lit up when I realized my best friend had a crush on someone in high school.

"Then who is this lucky girl?"
I said, almost jumping with curiosity.

"That's something I will tell you later,"

he said, hiding his smirk as he knows I can't stand suspense, especially not like this.

"Yaaaaah,"
I sat there, forming a big pout with my arms crossed.

He noticed and tried his best to hide his laugh while admiring my cute behavior.

A/n:Are you readyyyyy finally our hero is here so be ready for some cute stuff🤗. I have so much planned for you guys. It have everything emotions, friendship, giggles, romance and much more😎.

Btw how are you guys liking the new album, like always they slayyy🤩.
Which is your favorite song of the album. All of them are such a bop but unknown has a special place in my heart. 🥰