•4•

All these months, I was avoiding work as much as possible, but it felt like it would be the first necessary step towards making everything back to normal.

"Dad, I want to go back to work."

"Really!" He said, delighted to see his daughter trying to get back her lost self.

"I-I will try my best to take care of myself from now on," I said, gulping my saliva at the thought that it is not going to be that easy.

But I wanted to do this at least for my father, my hero.

He cupped my face and gave me a sweet smile, while tears threatened to fall.

"Don't worry sweetheart, dad is going to be there for you. And I will make all the arrangements for you in the office by tomorrow."

I took his hand, cupping my face, and held it.

A sigh left my mouth before saying, "Thank you, dad, for everything."

Next day, I went to my office after a long time, and it felt so different here, as if nothing ever really happened.

I turned when someone tapped my shoulder. "Boo!" It was my assistant, Sana.

I got startled by her sudden action and hit her shoulder with my fist.

She winced in pain while rubbing her shoulder. "Yaaaah, that hurts."

"BTW, a warm welcome to you," she said and took me into a long hug.

She has been my assistant ever since I started working in my dad's company. We are really nice best friends.

After the incident, she tried her best to contact me and came up to meet me so many times.

It was me who just cut myself off from the whole world and was thinking about my loss only.

"I am sorry for not replying to you."
She broke the hug and cupped my face with both her hands.

I was still looking down, not having the courage to face her after what I did to her.

"It's fine. Tell me, are you okay?"

I met her eyes and replied.
"Trying my best to be."

A sad smile formed across her face. "Great, I am really happy to see my best friend making a comeback."

I chuckled at her statement.
Just then, we were interrupted by someone coming in my cabin.

A/n: so first of all really sorry for missing out my last two weeks I was caught up in something. But don't worry I am still alive and will try my best to be consistent.
Plus you guys have got to wait for our hero a bit. But i am sure he is in there. 😅👍