Tern (WOF/SoIarverse)

Start from the beginning

Backstory-

Background: Radiance was hatched in secret hideout belonging to her parents. They both didn't really work exactly on the right side off the law. Her mother Tengliu was an assassin and seductress who had many high rank kills and jobs on her metaphorical belt. Her father Iceberg was a master thief specializing in the acquisition of enchanted items. Despite what could be guessed from their cutthroat careers, they were completely in love with each other and a same level of love for their newly hatched daughter. During her early dragonet hood Radiance didn't really know what her parents did for a living but thought they were amazing. She also had an inquisitive mind and love learning about everything, but one day found a lone fire outside the frozen hideout. Her mother soon found her and explained to the young Icewing what a flower was. This both was what ignited her love of plants. Her parents indulged this love but thought she would quickly grow out of this plant obsession, she did not. She also started encountering other dragonets as her parents started to let her interact with other dragons her age. That was when she learned how pretty she was. Even an adult dragon called her very pretty, that dragon was never seen again after that. Soon though she learned about what her parents did, and she was ashamed. She saw her mother burying a dead body and few days later found her father's hoard of stolen items. After this she started attending the royal Icewing school and quickly became the most popular dragonet in the school. Though she didn't use her real name, instead introducing herself as an orphan named Tern. Her parents weren't really seen a lot by most dragons at the school so this farce was easy to hold up. She liked interacting with everyone, but then it became obvious there was a difference. Her friends hounded away most dragons she wanted to interact with. As she aged it got even worse. Dragons her age started crushing very hard due to her very pretty looks and the charm her mother taught her to act with. Most of those dragons were absolute simps. This at first fueled her confidence and a bit of ego but quickly got annoying. Then the 5 year old dragon saw a new student at the school a year younger than her. The dragon was strange, and not just because she was a Icewing/seawing hybrid. No, the dragon had a Draconic fish tail and fins instead of back legs and normal tail. The hybrid was having some trouble with stairs. So Tern decided to help her. That one action proved to be one Tern would be glad she made for the rest of her life. The hybrid quote emotionlessly introduced herself as Beluga. They became fast friends, especially of their love of science. Beluga was different than the rest of Tern's friends, despite her suppressed emotions she was the most real friend the Icewing had. They became best friends and Tern even started thinking of her as a sister. Tern cared more about Beluga than any other dragon in the world,. Over time she even wanted to see if she could cure her best friend's condition, or at least do something that could give the hybrid a more normal life. So she snuck into her father's hoard of stolen items and searched for a mirror she heard that could turn whoever held it into an Animus. When she found it and read the writing around the mirror's rim, something unexpected happened. Her vision became white and the next thing she knew she was floating in some weird space inside the mirror, also for some reason having an incredible urge to call whoever held the mirror master and grant their wishes. Her parents came into the hoard and found the mirror since they had a giant bang. They found the mirror, and summoned their daughter from it. After a few trial wishes they were able to restore who she was, but now she was eternally tied to the mirror and couldn't really use her new magic for much of anything besides granting wishes. She stayed home from the academy a few weeks due to being "sick". In reality this was a cover so she and her family could figure out how to handle her new situation. First off she started to also carry the mirror on her in a secret compartment in her bag. Next she learned how to suppress her new characteristics; floating, glowing plus being more sparkly than normal, echoey voice, and the urge to grant every sentence that contained the words "I wish". She still struggles with that last one. So then on she both tried to hide she was now basically the dragon equivalent of a genie and the fact she comes from a criminal family. Even after graduating with her best friend and going to the same university Beluga was going to, she still fears how her friend will react when her secrets are discovered. Fearing she will lose the greatest dragon she had ever known.

Hometown: Her parents secret hideout in the cold wastelands of the Icewing kingdom. It is somewhere in the southern part of the western province 

Significant events: Finding the flower (inspiring her love of plants), discovering her parents shady lives (becoming ashamed of her family and wanting to hide her heritage), meeting Beliga (meeting who she considers one of the most important dragons in her life), discovering the enchanted mirror (it is what turned her into what she is now)

Influences on OC's life: her best friend Beluga, her mom

Family-

Biological mother: Tengliu (A professional assassin and fem fatal who will do almost any job for the right price)

Relationship: They are very close, despite how much her mother's job both terrifies her and makes her ashamed of herself. Tengliu though does do her best to be a good mother to Tern/Radiance and will mercilessly make anyone who tries to take advantage of her daughter disappear

Biological father: Iceberg (A master thief and known criminal but no one can actually pin any of his crimes on him despite most being pretty sure he's behind a lot of thefts)

Relationship: They are close, but not as close as Tern is with her mother. She considers him a bit too goofy and dreads the day that Beluga or anyone finds out they are related.

Health-

Mental health: pretty good

Physical health: currently cursed to be basically a dragon genie

Fears: Someone finding her mirror and using her as a tool, Bermuda finding out about everything she is hiding and leaving her

Illnesses: (genie-itess if that counts)

Quotes:

"No, What if I don't want to be an assassin or a master criminal? What if I want to be a, you know, a botanist?" (Tern to her parents after they object to her attending the University of science with Beluga)

"Don't you dare make a wish! This is already annoying as it is and I don't need you wishing for a triple layered Sunday!" (Tern being very annoyed with friend of hers who just found out about her basically being a dragon genie)

"Bel, you don't have to deal with this all by yourself. Just, calm down please. I'm here for you, and I always will be." (Tern trying to calm Beluga down from a panic attack after something went wrong.)

The rules for wishes as written on the back the mirror

The holder of this mirror gets five wishes from the wish granter

The wish granter can be commanded to do something by the holder of this mirror and they must obey, this does not count as a wish

One cannot wish or command the wish granter for more wishes

One cannot release the wish granter with a wish or destroy this mirror 

A wish cannot be contradicted by another wish

A wish cannot be changed or altered after it was made, even by another wish

It takes a wish to undo a wish, and that will undo everything which came about because of that wish

A wish cannot be used to kill or end the life of another dragon

A wish cannot be used to alter animus magic or an animus spell

If the holder of this mirror tries to break any of these rules, they shall forfeit their wishes.

(The animus dragon who made the mirror wasn't a nice guy)