chap. 2

"Here ya go."

I handed Bakugou the new addition to his hero costume. The earplugs were orange and could hook around his ears so they wouldn't fall out. I made them like his hero costume by adding an ex through the center of the earplugs. I also added the hair clip design that he has in his hair to the rims of the earplugs. And, since I am so nice I made the earplugs Bluetooth pairing so that they can play music.

He basically asked for soundproof Bluetooth headphones. But, whatever.

He examined them to see if they approved of his taste. "These are sick. Exactly what I thought of." Bakugou quickly took the earbuds and placed them in his ears with a smirk on his face. "And I got them done in a day and a half. That's a new record for a gadget of mine." I stood proudly.

"So do they work?" I questioned as I saw how they looked on him. They fit his ear which is great to know since I forgot to measure them. I may need to see it with his costume to know if it fits his entire scene.

"Are you talking to me?" Bakugou asked as he fidgeted with the earplugs. "Yeah. Oh, I made a function where you can turn off the noise cancelation. Uh, it's right here." I reached over to where it was located. My hand got really close to his face, which was unsettling. He was staring, hard, into my eyes to the point I had to look away.

I showed him where it was and quickly moved my hand away. I accidentally grazed his face which I quickly ignored. "If you have any problems with them don't be afraid to stop by." I said as I sat back down at my station "I won't." he promptly stated as he made an exit. I don't know if he meant he's not afraid or if he won't need help. Well, not my problem.

***

I was working on one of my projects while listening to music with my headphones. I love my headphones, they allow me to disconnect from the world and focus on myself. Well, they usually do. Not today though.

From the corner of my eye, I saw a tuft of blonde hair. I fully turned around and it was Bakugou glaring down at me. This is random.

"Uh, hey dude, what's up?" I curiously asked as I observed his movements. He started to move toward my desk like he was about to sit down. "Nothin," He stated as he in fact sat down. Weird.

"Um, okay, are the earplugs bothering you or somethin?" I inquired as I continued to watch him. He pulled out his phone and started swiping. Most likely on Instagram. "Nah." He barely uttered as he continued to look at his phone. "Okay then." I drawled out as I went back to working on my invention.

I blasted music through my ears as I focused back on what I was doing. A few minutes later Bakugou got 'bored' so he started to ask me questions. He poked my shoulder to get my attention.

"What is that?" He pointed at what I was building. "Huh? Oh, I'm making a hoverboard." I took off my headphones in case he was going to talk more. "Like the shit mall cops use?" He questioned as he turned towards me. Guess I have his full attention now.

"No, not like that. It actually hovers above the ground. It's in the design of a skateboard but without the wheels. And it's bigger." I tried to think of a better way to explain it. "Have you ever seen Arcane? It's like the board Ekko uses." I tried my best to interpret what I was building. "So the design ain't even yours? How original." Sarcasm was dripping from his tongue. That comment struck a nerve. "That's not what I- you know what? You don't have to be here." I mildly yelled while putting my headphones back on. He put his phone away and started to stand up. "Yeah, I don't. See ya." He walked to the workshop door holding up a... peace sign? What is with him? As soon as he stepped out the bell rang. What a nerd.

***

Why I am so fucking weird?

The classroom was getting loud and it was getting on my nerves so I got up and left. We weren't even doing anything so it was fine or whatever. I passed by that workshop and had the urge to go in to see that girl again. She was so calming to be around so it made sense for it to be a place to take a break. Really gotta ask for her name.

I didn't mean to make her mad with that comment. I was poking fun at the fact that she couldn't explain her invention. And what was that exit? A peace sign?

So fucking weird.

She's not even different from the other losers in the class, so I don't know why I'm being so different. Maybe because she's the only 'normal' person I've met at this crappy school. I don't even know her yet so I really can't say that. What was that show she was talking about? Arcane? I guess I could watch a few episodes to understand the reference she made.

***

He came back.

I don't know why he kept putting up with me if he, you know...didn't like me. Bakugou sat beside me, again, and took out his phone, and started scrolling. I was still working on my hoverboard with my headphones on, which I kept on this time until he started talking to me.

"So, what are you planning on using the skateboard for?" He probed as he put his phone down. "Hoverboard. And I want it to be used by heroes to get to scenes quicker. Ya know, the ones that can't fly." I said in a bored tone as I once again took off my headphones. "Oh, word," he paused for a few seconds then continued to yap. "The board doesn't look anything like Ekko's. His board is more steampunk. Your's is like modern." He inferred as he started fidgeting in his seat. "I mean yeah I'm not making his board. Just something like it." I said as I continued to focus on building. He's really getting into this for some reason. How does he know what steampunk is? Interesting. I had to investigate this.

"Bakugou, did you watch the show?" I asked switching my attention. "Only the first few episodes," I stared him down, but he quit talking. "Mmm. What did ya think of the last episode?" I asked again. His face changed to a more intrigued one. "They are definitely not dead. Mel's back shined gold, that gotta mean something." He muttered as he looked away. I stared at him again.

He looked up and saw me staring. He started to get up, looking away with pinched eyebrows and a scrunched nose. "Whatever, dumbass, see you later... uh." He looked at me with a questioning face. "Violet. But you can call me Vi." I said with a slight smile on my face. "Oh, Okay. Bye." He sped off faster than before.

He's so freakin adorable.

word count-1215

A/N: hey guys this one is really bad lol I wrote it on my phone. If you make it this far thank you for reading and actually staying around. I'll try and get chapters out as much as I can. Also, y'all seeing my nerdyness for arcane ;0 cant wait for the new season. anyway that's all for me folks. have a great day!