17 . lake day's movie night .

(HELP ME THINK OF A CHAPTER TITLE BC I RAN OUT OF TIME TO THINK OF ONE BEFORE I LEFT FOR DANCE CLASS BUT I STILL WANTED TO GET IT OUT FOR YALL<3 

EDIT: i have one now but if someone comes up with one i like more before the book's completed i'll change it! )

MAY 23

.

   No one wanted to stop hanging out, even when they were starving— growling stomachs all down the bank. Turns out they'd all missed each other, like a lot. Just like Christmas break, after spending every day seeing each other at least here or there for months, going a week without getting together was quite strange— depressing even— so they just kept having fun straight into the evening, and they would have stayed long enough to see the sunset had it not been for the storm clouds that rolled in over the water and rumbled ominously. At which point, it turned into a race back up the steep embankment, with their competition not being each other this time, but rather the impending rainstorm.

   With his long legs, Hyunjin was faster than all but speed demon Jeongin (whose impressive running ability was only discovered by the boys that afternoon), and the two of them alone beat the rain. The rest filtered into the parking lot in a cacophonous rush of bare feet and plastic flip-flops hitting gravel along with the downpour. 

   Most of them had walked to the lake that morning, but lucky for them, Seungmin had brought his van, and benevolently, he allowed them all to take shelter inside as long as they didn't drip all over the leather.  In a half-soaked pile, they all entered the car, randomly selecting seats afterward— some tumbling into the back row, the others filling up the front.

   Wanting to keep the good times going with happy stomachs, a quick whole-car discussion led to Seungmin setting course for the nearest grocery store. Draped with brightly-colored beach towels, a line of boys headed straight for the meat section, picking up several trays of chicken to grill at Felix's (who volunteered himself and his grill) house. 

   "You sure your family will be alright with us taking over the kitchen, mate?"

   "Oh for sure! They're used to me doing that already— so especially when they get free grilled chicken, they won't much care if I bring a small army to share with."

.

   Chicken long gone and growling stomachs satisfied, a bunch of sandy-haired boys (with their shirts mostly dry) headed down to Felix's basement to play Mario Kart (once Chan had ensured they all did their part to clean the kitchen).

   After creaming everyone in the first race, Felix announced he was off to take a quick shower. As he set down his controller, he looked to his side, where Hyunjin sat. "Jinnie, if you want to shower down here, you can change into the clothes you forgot last time," he offered.

    Hyunjin started to get up, too. "Thanks, Lixie. That'd be great. Are they in your room?"

   "Yeah, I'll bring 'em down real quick." Then Felix was off.