8 , it's a date ,

,

,

MAY 15

Despite being fully capable of driving himself, Felix asked for Changbin to pick him up this morning. That had to be a good sign.

Another good sign: Felix had texted him quite promptly after returning home. He hadn't waited, hadn't allowed the idea of it to be washed away in his mind by more pressing matters, just a dinky sailboat drifting on a river of tentative plans that most likely would never actually come about. It wasn't one of those 'agree to it enthusiastically in the moment then never think of it again' situations. Felix cared; he wanted to do it. He steered the sailboat into the harbor that very evening, texting Changbin to ask: 'are you free tomorrow?'

...Perhaps he just really wanted cupcakes. But, admittedly, it was nice to believe it was significant; that Felix was genuinely excited to spend time with Changbin.

Changbin tried to get himself into a slightly more realistic state of mind when he pulled off in front of Felix's house, huffing a short, preparatory breath in time with the click that came from shifting the car into park.

Slipping his phone out of his pocket, he checked for notifications on the home screen, then double-checked the time. It's not like they'd set a very particular time to meet; all Felix had asked was that Changbin show up sometime after noon. And, here he was, just past fifteen-after.

...

CHANGBIN

Hey, I'm here :)

FELIX

AHH

FELIX

is it that time already??

FELIX

hehe, uh... plz standby <3 technical difficults

CHANGBIN

No worries, take your time Lix

...

Nonchalant as his words seemed, behind that screen, Changbin was grinning ear to ear. He would've expected to be just the tiniest bit disappointed that Felix wasn't as anxious and eager to go as he was- that he wasn't up and ready, just waiting for a text- but somehow, he was just so endeared by it. It just seemed so Felix. He probably hadn't even gotten out of bed yet, and was probably now rushing around, toothbrush in mouth, hair mussed and sticking up, rifling through his closet.

Regardless, it was hardly ten minutes before he saw a blond head- a perfectly blond head- poking out of the front door. Felix kicked the door shut behind him, slinging a bag over his shoulder, running wildly to Changbin's car, bursting in with a tight-lipped grin as he nearly jumped into the passenger seat and stared at Changbin.