3 , today's the day ,

,

MAY 14

   Today's the day.

   That was the thought at the very front of Changbin's mind from the moment he woke up. Today was his last chance to talk to Felix while he was still only two flights of stairs away. Excitement and anxiety mingled in his stomach to produce a buzz of anticipation in his brain that got him out of bed early enough to sigh and send a disapproving look to Chan when the older boy forced himself down from the upper bunk.

   Hyunjin had snored softly while Changbin shouted quietly, "You're not seriously working today, are you?"

   That was the only time today that he was really thinking about anything else. After Chan had stubbornly insisted he was going to work, and left the room, Changbin shook his head and gave up on pointlessly worrying about him and his mind went back to TV static— today's the day.

   Changbin would've liked to have just gotten it over with, so he could relax and pack his things in peace, whatever Felix's answer ended up being, but it was harder than he thought— he wanted to catch Felix alone. And Felix wasn't often alone.

    To Changbin's dismay, Felix wasn't all that often alone with him either. That held true today, as Felix, who had been making a lot of sad faces at breakfast, knowing that this was their last day all living within a few paces of each other for the next couple months, decided to come upstairs and sit on Hyunjin's bed and run his sweet mouth for them while they packed. 

   At first, he'd thought he was getting his chance, because at the moment when Felix showed up in the room, Hyunjin was still gathering stuff in his actual assigned room— but while Changbin was still looking for the perfect, natural moment to spring the question, of course... he just had to show up and ruin it. Changbin clenched his teeth in efforts to hold back a grimace at the sight of him when he walked in, obliviously, blissfully smiling at Felix.

   It was fine, though. All he needed to do was take his time packing, and then Hyunjin would finish before him and leave, and then he'd be alone with Felix again.

    It was not fine, though, because Hyunjin just would not focus. He'd stop moving entirely every time Felix had something new to say, just looking at him and laughing along when he said something funny instead of folding his damn pants!

   The entire time, Changbin was just waiting for Hyunjin to leave. He may have wanted to forcefully throw him out of the room— which was still techinically his room, not  Hyunjin's room— but it was okay. It was fine. He endured it. 

   (In fact, he accidentally finished packing before Hyunjin, due to too much of passive-aggressively shoving rolled-up jeans and other such things into his suitcase every time watching Hyunjin completely stall got too frustrating for him.)

   But it wasn't fine when, after following Felix to see Hyunjin off once he'd finally gotten all his things together, they walked straight to Felix's room, where Jisung was. And sure, Changbin was alone with Felix while they were walking through the parking lot, or up the stairs, but it felt weird to stop him right there and say it, especially when he was still pouting (very cutely, might I add) over Hyunjin's departure, endearing as it was.

   With Felix finally starting to pack with Jisung, Changbin sighed and decided to vent his frustrations by packing some of Chan's things for him. Changbin knew his roommate: by the time he finished work (if he wasn't already that tired now), he'd be so exhausted that even if he'd wanted his things packed a certain way, it wouldn't happen.