Chapter Two

Disintegration. That's the name of the first power I knew I had. I was 5 when I found out about it. Before we begin the story, here's a quick description of my mother. She was about 5'2, more of a bigger lady, her natural hair color was a darker shade of dirty blonde, yet she would dye part of it a dark green color, her hair was shoulder length, and her eyes were a hazel color.

Now, let's set the scene.

March 5th, 2003. My mother and I were sitting in the kitchen at around 5:30 pm. My mother was at the stove, making dinner. I was sitting at the kitchen table, drawing. Dinner is practically done, as mother turns off the stove and gets out some plates. And that's when it happens. The event that completely changes my life, as cliche as it sounds.

While I was drawing, the green crayon I was using begun to turn black where I touched it, and spread throughout the rest of the crayon, then slowly crumbled to dust. Obviously, I was confused, so I got up and went over to my mom, standing at the kitchen counter.

"Mom?"

She turns around, a soft smile on her face, and crouches down in front of me.

"Yes, angel"? She asks.

I explain what happened to my mother, and she gets a worried look on her face.

"Oh...let me see, angel."

I run back over to the dinning table, and point at the pile of ash on the table left from the crayon. My mother puts her finger into the ash, and brings her finger up close to her face to examine the ash.

"Hm...how strange...let's...let's figure it out after dinner, angel, ok...?" She says, worry laced in her voice.

I look at her worriedly. "...are you sure it'll be fine...?" I ask.

"Yes, dear, we'll...we'll figure it out if it happens again, ok?"

"Ok..."

After dinner, I've forgotten all about what happened. My mom and I were in the living room, my mom lying on her back on the couch, while I put a movie in the dvd player. (Old school, I know) Once the movie, Cinderella, starts playing, I jump up and run over to my mom on the couch, lying down on top of her.

Not long after, my mother starts feeling odd, and starts coughing.

"Mom? What's wrong?" I ask.

"N-nothing, dear...don't worry about it, just feeling a little sick...Im okay angel." Mom replied, obviously lying, yet I was too young to understand.

"Oh...ok!" I returned to watching the movie, not thinking anything of it.

My mother obviously continues getting worse throughout the movie, but says nothing about it. We end up falling asleep on the couch after the movie.

My mom didn't wake up in the morning. She passed in her sleep. The paramedics said it was from a heart attack. It wasn't. My power I found out about that night had killed her.

Here's some information for future reference. Like I said before, the power I found out about that night is called disintegration. At that time, it wasn't nearly fully developed. If it was, everything I would've touched while the power was in use would've turned to ash immediately. That's what the power is. And yes; it works on living beings. So if it had been fully developed at that time, it would've turned my mother to ash instead of making her sick.