Chapter 37: Di Feisheng says he is the father

Start from the beginning

A warm smile graced Madam Qin's lips as she nodded in approval. "You are a brave soul, Fang Duobing," she praised, her admiration evident in her tone. "Rest assured, I will assist you with the delivery when the time comes."

As Madam Qin walked outside to bid farewell to him emerged, her keen eyes fell upon the tall, broad-shouldered figure of Di Feisheng, who stood beside Fang Duobing. With a gracious bow, he greeted her, his demeanor respectful and composed.

Observing the interaction between Di Feisheng and Fang Duobing, Madam Qin's intuition sharpened, sensing the unspoken bond between them. As Fang Duobing swayed dizzily, Di Feisheng instinctively reached out to steady him, his concern evident in the gentle touch of his hands.

Madam Qin's smile widened at his response, a silent acknowledgment of the selfless act of protection he offered to Fang Duobing. With a gentle pat on Fang Duobing's shoulder, she offered her reassurance, knowing that they would face whatever challenges lay ahead together.

And so, as they prepared to embark on the next phase of their journey, the bond between Fang Duobing and Di Feisheng only grew stronger, forged by trust, loyalty, and the unbreakable ties of friendship.

Later that evening, they arrived at Sigu Sect. Di Feisheng, disguised accompanied Fang Duobing as his bodyguard.

"Who is he?" the seniors inquired, eyeing Di Feisheng with suspicion as he stood beside Fang Duobing.

"He is San Lan," Fang Duobing explained smoothly. "I hired him as a bodyguard for my journey to find the Yin and Yang flower." With a flourish, he presented a small potion bottle to the seniors. "Madam Qin crafted this potion from the Yin and Yang flowers, instructing me to deliver it to Li Xiangyi as soon as possible."

"Let us waste no time in delivering the medicine to Li Xiangyi," one of the masters declared, urgency evident in his voice. Together, they hurried to Li Xiangyi's chamber, where he lay unconscious, his condition deteriorating with each passing moment.

Fang Duobing, poised to administer the potion to Li Xiangyi, was caught off guard as Wan Mian swiftly intervened, snatching the bottle from his grasp.

"Let me do this," she declared, her tone firm and resolute as she moved to Li Xiangyi's bedside.

As Li Lianhua drank the potion, a surge of energy enveloped him, revitalizing his weakened body and dispelling the sickness that had plagued him.

Sitting behind Li Lianhua, Fang Duobing silently channeled his own strength, offering support and encouragement in his own way. But as the exertion took its toll, Fang Duobing began to feel the strain, his own energy depleting rapidly.

Ignoring Di Feisheng's concerned warnings, Fang Duobing stubbornly persisted, determined to do whatever it took to aid his friend. However, as he neared the brink of exhaustion, Di Feisheng intervened, forcefully halting Fang Duobing's efforts and preventing him from overexerting himself.

As the tension eased, Wan Mian's voice broke through the stillness, her smile signaling a glimmer of hope. Together, they watched as Li Xiangyi stirred, the effects of the potion taking hold as he slowly regained consciousness, his strength renewed and his spirit revived.

As Li Lianhua struggled to piece together the fragments of his past, his gaze fell upon Fang Duobing, his loyal companion who had stood by his side through every trial and tribulation. "Who are you?" he asked, his voice tinged with a hint of confusion.

Fang Duobing felt a pang of sorrow pierce through him as Li Lianhua's question hung in the air like a heavy cloud. The words cut deep, slicing through the layers of their shared history and camaraderie.

"I am Fang Duobing," he replied softly, his voice steady despite the turmoil churning within him. "Your friend, your companion, your ally."

Though his heart ached with the weight of unspoken memories and unanswered questions, Fang Duobing remained resolute, his loyalty unwavering even in the face of uncertainty. Forged in the crucible of adversity, their bond had weathered many storms, and Fang Duobing was determined to stand by Li Lianhua's side, no matter the challenges they faced.

As Li Lianhua grappled with the fragments of his past, Fang Duobing silently prayed for clarity and understanding, yearning for the day when their friendship would once again shine brightly, unburdened by the shadows of doubt and confusion.

As Li Lianhua turned his gaze towards Wan Mian, a glimmer of recognition sparked in his eyes, accompanied by a tender smile that graced his lips. With a gentle embrace, Wan Mian drew him close, her warmth enveloping him in a comforting embrace.

"I'm glad you're here," she murmured softly, her words a soothing balm to his soul. "No matter what the past may hold, our connection endures, a beacon of light in the midst of uncertainty."

Meanwhile, as Li Xiangyi was surrounded by those who knew him, Fang Duobing felt himself fading into the background, a sense of dizziness clouding his senses. Sensing his discomfort, Di Feisheng wordlessly offered his support, standing by Fang Duobing's side with silent solidarity, a silent reminder that he was not alone in his struggles.

To be continued...