Chapter 5: Cave of Horror

"I've never seen a more barren airport..." said Luke, and I could see where he was coming from.

While the parking lot was so jam-packed with cars that Luke had to leave the car in the middle of the road, the airport was more lifeless than I might've been in September.

Thankfully, though, one private jet remained in the airport and Luke and I boarded it. The private plane looked much nicer than a regular plane. For one thing, I was sure this plane was better than first class. It had leather seats, a lavish bathroom and a drinks area. I was impressed. Luke didn't look fazed.

After we had packed our stuff in it, Luke said, "It's gonna be harder to fly without a control room."

"But if there's nothing else in the air, it'll be much easier." I assured him.

After Luke went to the cockpit, the plane started taking off. I immediately got nervous. I had only been on a plane once and it was a scary experience. Back then, I nearly threw up when the plane took off and my ears...well, they felt like hell. Also not to mention that I accidentally swallowed the cotton balls my mom gave me.

As soon as that memory came in my mind, I started feeling homesick. I mean, I had lived alone for quite a while but this was a different feeling. I didn't even notice the plane complete the take-off till I heard Luke's voice booming through the speaker, "Ladies and Gentlemen, we have completed our take-off and are on-route to the Dead Sea, Israel. Also, I'm hungry."

After I let that sink in, Luke yelled, "I'M HUNGRY, WALKER! FEED THE KAIJU OR-" The voice broke off.

I opened up our food bag (Luke insisted on taking a separate bag for food) and took an abnormally large bag of chips. I took it and went into the cockpit.

"Why did your voice break off?" I asked Luke.

"Eh, I thought it would be entertaining to break off my voice mid-sentence." he said matter-of-factly.

"Oh yeah, I was rolling on the floor." I rolled my eyes instead.

"Yeah. I'm not gonna eat that entire bag of chips by myself, by the way, not unless you want me to fall asleep. And I suggest getting some sleep. We're only gonna reach tomorrow."

"We can take turns flying." I offered.

"Oh, you can fly? This ain't like taking turns of watch. Seriously, get some sleep."

So I returned to my seat, munched on the humongous amount of chips I took from Luke and fell asleep the second my eyes closed.

***********************************************
It was pitch black. "You have to trust me, Avalon. He is very, very angry. He knows he can't hurt me. So, he'll hurt you." said a powerful female voice.

"He can't hurt me either, mum." a small boy's voice spoke, "I have your powers."

"But you don't have my experience. My wisdom. You don't really have what I do." said the female voice firmly. "He'll kill you, Avalon. You must hide."

"Fine." The boy's voice sounded reluctant. "What about dad?"

"Your dad.." the female voice became bitter. Then, fixing her voice, she replied, "You don't need him. My pack will take care of you."

"But I need my dad." the boy whined.

The female voice tried to sweeten her voice but instead, sounded like a gruff bear, "You don't need anyone. You can take care of yourself. But till that day, I'll protect you."

***********************************************
The darkness faded and I woke up with a start. The plane was shaking violently. I saw Olivera, who was sitting on my lap and watching the cockpit.