Chapter 6: Trapped in a Barn

"Mayya! Turn around," her mother ordered. Mayya obediently turned her head and saw her mother smiling, holding her bag.

"What's this, Mom?" Mayya checked her bag and found her slingshot and stones inside, as usual.

She took out her slingshot and inspected it again. "Why, Mom?"

"Go! Your father and I agree with your dream. Be a brave woman out there, and we will always support you."

Tears welled up in Mayya's eyes upon hearing her parents' approval. She hugged them both proudly.

"All right, Mom, I won't disappoint you both," Mayya replied tearfully, her parents also saddened by their child leaving them.

After a few minutes of chatting with her family, she asked again, "Mom, can I go tell Lyra the good news?"

"Go ahead," her mother replied.

Excited, Mayya stood up and ran out of the house towards Lyra's house.

Upon arrival, Lyra was still outside reading her storybook. "Lyra!" Mayya shouted from a distance.

"Mayya! What's up, Mayya?"

Approaching her, Mayya shared the good news.

"I have great news! Finally, my parents agreed to our journey to Chuza village!" she exclaimed happily, with small jumps.

"Really?"

"Yes, Lyra!"

"Yay, our dream will finally come true," Lyra replied happily, also starting to jump around.

"Oh, by the way, yesterday after I finished selling with my mom, I saw two girls dancing in the middle of the market, they were amazing. I have to learn from them!"

"Wow, I want to see their dance too. Let's go to the market."

"But it's almost evening; they might have already left."

"The market isn't closed yet, Mayya, we still have time."

"Okay, let's go!"

The two finally left, heading towards the market to see the two dancing girls.

As they journeyed, the day grew darker. "Are you sure they're still there, Lyra?"

"Surely they are," she replied, continuing their journey to the market.

Arriving at the market, many people had already started leaving. The vendors were also tidying up to go home.

"Where, Mayya?"

"Follow me!" Mayya pulled Lyra's hand into the middle of the market.

"They're here," Mayya pointed out, but the place was completely empty, no one was there.

"Where, Mayya!?"

"They were here yesterday, so maybe they've already gone."

"Well, our trip was in vain. Let's just go home."

"I told you haha, let's just go home."

Disappointed, the two girls went home. They took steps again to return to their respective homes.

"Goodbye, Lyra, how about we go there tomorrow morning instead?"

"Okay, goodbye, Mayya."

"Goodbye!"

------

Today was a very bright day. Mayya woke up quickly, remembering they had to go to the market to see the two dancing girls.