Chapter 4: Extreme Slingshot

"It's the way out!" Lyra pointed with her flashlight towards the cave entrance, but they were still panicked as many wolves were still chasing them from behind.

"Let's keep running!" Mayya shouted as she continued her escape alongside Lyra.

However, as they ran and were almost far from the cave, the pack of wolves stopped at the cave entrance and only watched the two girls.

All the wolves then returned inside the cave. The two girls stared at them in confusion.

"They've gone," Lyra said, breathing heavily from the run.

They both sat on a large rock for a moment, catching their breath after being chased by the wolves.

"Are you okay, Mayya?" Lyra asked.

"I'm fine, how about you, Lyra?" Mayya asked back.

"I'm fine too, the important thing is we didn't become their dinner." Mayya nodded.

They stood up again to find a way out of this forest in the middle of the night.

Lyra explored some paths using her flashlight, followed by Mayya from behind.

"Look, there's light!" Lyra pointed after seeing light behind tall trees.

"Let's go there, that must be our way out." The two girls walked towards the light, and indeed it was the way out leading to the Celestria village market.

They saw the view of the market, which was previously bustling, now deserted as if they were in a ghost town due to the darkness of the night. Only a few dim lights were lit around the market.

Lyra turned off her flashlight and put it back into her bag. They walked back through the market, which was now empty due to the late hour.

"This is quite eerie, Lyra."

"I know, Mayya, we have to keep moving."

Their journey was not over yet as they were still in the middle of the market, unsure of the way back to the village.

As they stepped forward, suddenly a sound like a barrel falling to the ground made Mayya and Lyra alert.

"Who's there..."

"Shh... don't speak," Lyra interrupted, covering Mayya's mouth.

Mayya nodded, also starting to be alert as she took out her slingshot and some stones in her hand.

"It seems like someone else is here besides us," Mayya said cautiously.

As footsteps of a group of people approached, Mayya and Lyra became even more panicked.

"Mayya, hold on."

"Hold on."

As several people appeared in front of them, Lyra was shocked by the sight. She shouted loudly, "Mayya, shoot!"

Mayya was also startled by Lyra's sudden shout, so Mayya released her shot without aiming properly.

Plakkk.. Mayya's shot missed and hit a nearby stall, almost hitting the people.

It turned out that after they stood near the light, it was Mayya and Lyra's parents who were looking for them.

"Mom, dad! What are you doing there?" Lyra and Mayya replied in unison, then they hugged their parents.

"Where have you been?" asked Eldoria.

"We were just wandering in the forest because the Celestria fruits were ripe. But we got lost and didn't know the way back," Mayya explained briefly.