Tutor

Benjamine POV

"You have shown to be a student of excellence, not a negative mark on your record throughout your entire academic history. You are truly an exemplary student; Ashly Academy aspires to have more students like you." I stood proudly, my posture impeccable as I listened to the principal shower me with compliments. When I was first called to his office, I knew I would receive recognition for my great works. I had maintained the highest grades in the entire school, a testament to my relentless pursuit of perfection.

"For these reasons, we will ask you to assist other students in achieving your greatness," he continued. He wanted me to give the graduation speech for the grade above me. I would encourage the twelfth graders to do their best in college and strive to achieve their families' goals. Of course, no matter how good my speech would be, it was truly impossible to bring those students to my level. But certainly, to give the speech for the grade above me would be a public honor for my family; it would surely make them proud.

"For that reason, Mr. Jolarand, we cordially ask you to tutor Christeena Rolandale."

"I accse-" My response was cut off by the realization that I was not being offered a speech but rather to assist a student as incompetent as Christeena, in fact, one of the most hopeless students in the school.

"Pardon," I said as respectfully as possible.

"As you may know, there are many students who have difficulty learning at the same pace as the other students and may need some help staying at the same level."

Christeena is one of those students, having difficulty in both the academic and disciplinary aspects of thriving in this school. You have shown more than capable of maintaining academic standards. Perhaps you could make her more like you."

I stared at him in shock at the ludicrous words. Like me? She's closer to a wild animal than to me.

"I do not think I would be able. I am already assisting the school board in the disciplinary area of supervising detention."

"Don't worry, we have already thought of a solution for that. You will no longer need to assist us in those areas as we have already found you a replacement so that you can assist in tutoring." I dreaded the idea of being a tutor; I felt like it was a step back in all my achievements, but I couldn't say no. They had cornered me. To refuse would anger the principal, and I could not allow my reputation with him to be tarnished.

"Yes, I would be willing to help," I said, the words leaving a bitter taste in my mouth.

"Perfect. Hopefully, you can start your duties as soon as possible."

"Yes, sir," I replied before quickly leaving the room.  

I sgn in releaf once leaveing the room feeling like I was just attaked, I despise te idea of having to tutor thaat imbesel, But eventually I would have to inform Christeena that I would be tutoring her for the next three months. I didn't want to do this; my body felt exceptionally tired at the thought of approaching such a pest. But I couldn't allow myself to procrastinate. If I didn't manage to bring her up to the level of the other students by the end of the next three months, my reputation would be tarnished. Now that she was under my responsibility.