Chapter 6: Avatar Roku

Start from the beginning

In the background, I could hear Zuko being frustrated again and cursing at the other room. I chuckled to myself at him being the typical angry guy he is, easily getting triggered by events like these.

.

.

.

I stayed silent as the fire sages brought me to a huge door, where it was decorated with a huge fire nation emblem on it.

Without saying another word, the fire sages stood in a fire bending stance, and blasted five entire huge balls of fire towards this door, where the gate seemed to have consumed them through five passages for the fire to go through. The light from the fire lit up the gloomy temple, and I could feel the rising heat in the room.

A moment later, they extinguished their fire and I could hear a click sound from the door in front of me.

"You." The old man fire sage, the leader, spoke again.

I looked at him in response, confused.

"Go."

Without another warning, he pushed me forcefully into the door, not allowing me to react further.

"Hey- what-" I tried to turn back, but the door slammed shut before me, and I tried to yank the door open in response.

Did I just get... locked in?

What in the world, I cursed to myself. Seems like I have a very horrible... fate of.. getting captured...

Sighing, I turned back to observe the room that I was seemingly trapped in. But to my surprise, it wasn't just a room that I was locked in - it was... the shrine. Of Avatar Roku.

There, right in front of my eyes, was the statue of Avatar Roku - Glowing white, a ray of sunlight shining on him. My jaw dropped open. This was such a beautiful sight to behold!

I slowly approached his statue, taking cautious steps forward, taking in the atmosphere of the room. It felt... almost magical, to be standing in the shrine of a previous Avatar. It was as if there was a mysterious energy pulling me to the front, as I continue gazing upon the eyes of Avatar Roku.

As I continued standing there, mesmerized, suddenly, the room turned dark. As if on cue, the sun ray that was shining from the hole above was directed into a beam of bright light, and it shone even brighter on Avatar Roku's statue, with me just standing in the middle of it all.

I suddenly felt lightweight, my body seemed to feel as if it is being lifted up by some unexpected force.

"The one I've been searching for..."

There was a voice that echoed in my ears, it was that of a man, but it was not human. It seemed to sound like it was coming from everywhere around me.

Then smoke filled the air, I felt my entire being getting transported into another dimension, as if I started floating into another world. Wind starting bellowing my hair around my eyes.

I shut my eyes and I felt weightless for a moment.

Then, everything remained silent. I slowly opened my eyes to see that I was in another dimension. The sky was orange as if it was lighted up by fire itself. It looked as if it was sun set.

I was definitely in a place, not of this world.

"Tasha Ayuzawa, I was expecting you." The same voice called out. I looked up, to see a figure of a old man, who was robed in Fire Nation clothing. I blinked a few times to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

"Who are you?" I spoke up, walking towards the man.

"You've come to visit me but you don't know who I am?" He replied sharply.

What...? Don't tell me he is...

A small gasp escaped my lips. "Avatar... Roku...?"

"Yes, yes. It is I. You've finally made it."

"Made it to what?" I was visibly confused at the whole state of events. What in the penguins is going on now?

"To meet me, that's what. To finally realise your other ability."

"Sorry, what?" I frowned in response. Nothing made sense at this point in time.

"Aren't you the one who is supposed to be with the new Avatar?"

Roku continued.

"It was said that the Avatar had an essence of himself in another person of this world. You seem to be one who has that energy. That was what allowed you to come into this world to meet me today."

My mouth gaped open in shock and at disbelief at what I was hearing. What does that even mean that I had the essence of the Avatar in me? I was... not getting things.

"Looks like you haven't realised yourself." Roku turned away. "But that is okay. One day, you will. In the meantime, this is for you."

At this moment, a dragon emerged from the front, and I stumbled back in shock. What a mythical creature! Never knew I would ever set my eyes on one of them.

This dragon circled around me, at a very high speed, that my eyes couldn't even keep up. Then, it suddenly breathed huge breath of fire which were in deep purple, which made me feel a heat that I felt... strangely comfortable in.

Fire.

Fire.

Fire.

There was... chants or some sort, from the voices around me, and I felt my body heating up. It wasn't hot or uncomfortable. I was trying to take what was happening around me, before...

The flames, of purple colour, engulfed my entire vision, and it purpled me down into absolute darkness.