Blessings Matter

A/N: If you haven't read the "To Love. . .Or Not To Love?" chapter yet.. . .please do. It's the one before my update post.

I don't want you guys getting confused about my story "skipping" WHEN IT HASN'T!!!!

YOU'RE THE ONE SKIPPING CHAPTERS.

Ok. Enjoy the story my lovliesssssss XD

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

I let another tear fall out. I was so. . . overwhelmed. . .the emotions I felt after reading that letter he sent were coming back to me along with, the satisfactory from his apology, joy from his confession of love, and relief for finally allowing myself to love him more than I love myself.

He rested his forehead on mine and wiped away my tear with his thumb. His eyelashes were damp.

'Please don't run away again. . .not this time" he whispered holding me close.

"I'm not going anywhere" I kept my eyes closed, enjoying this moment, I never wanted it to end.

We wiped our eyes and face of dried up tears.

"But it is dinner time, we should go," Dio said

Dio and I mutually decided that now would not be the right time to announce our, new relationship, especially not while Jacob was still here.

I deeply care for him and he genuinely is a great man and I do hope he and my father cold continue to be on good terms, and I truly hope he finds love again.

I thought that my plans were to must be married and be a stay at home wife, but now I know that I want to be with Dio, and make a name for myself, not just be a stay at home wife, I need time I figure out exactly what I want to do but when I know, I WILL accomplish my goal.

Dio and I walked out of the library hand in hand, and let go as soon as we noticed there were others around. He had nothing but a smile on his face, and so did I, but I wanted to get rid of it as soon as we reached the dining room, and I hoped Dio would to.

We reached the dining room and only father and Jacob were there, of course he'd join us now. As expected, Father sat at the head and Jacob sat on his right. Dio chose to sit down on on the left. . . and I was left with a decision. . .sit next to Dio, or sit next to Jacob. . .

I don't know.

Everyone was now waiting for me to sit down but. . .

Father had an eyebrow raised as he waited for me to sit, I don't think he knows that Jacob ended our engagement, and that is something that I should tell him. Jacob avoided making eye contact with me, but I know that he wants me to sit with him. Dio of course had nothing but a smirk on his face.

'Father. . ." I cleared my throat. "I'm not feeling to well, I just came by to tell you that, I'm going up to my chambers and won't be joining you for dinner" I smiled politely, curtsied and left.

When I was sure I was out of their view, I picked up the front of my dress and rushed to my room.

I left with not much explanation, so I know they must think something strange. I just hope Jacob doesn't think I'm avoiding him. In fact I would love nothing more than to speak to him. I'd tell him he was right. That My feelings for Dio have always existed, that our engagement is best called off.

I sat on my bed, trying to think of what to say to Jacob. Staring blankly at my wall, I started fidgeting with my locket for comfort. I just had small photos of my father and mother inside, it brought comfort to my scatted mind. I only hope that Jacob could forgive me, that father wouldn't be disappointed. I know my father likes to joke about how I could've ended up with one of the Joestars. . .but would he even approve of Dio?

Dio is educated but from the time that I have known him, I've came to a realization that he wants absolutely nothing to do with the Joestar family business, if I remember correctly, he wants to be a librarian.

How would he be able to support us? How would we have a future home? What about children? Does he even want children? These are all valid questions, and questions my father would most likely ask. Father wants only the best for me, but he also wants me to be financially secure. I would never make Dio work in something he doesn't want to do.

Dio is adopted, with no real name of his own. . .oh goodness. . .what would father think.

None of that matters to me, but the only thing that does. . .is my fathers blessing. I could never go against him.

I was still staring at the wall. . .zoning out really. I blinked a few times, stretched, and got dressed in my night gown.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

I was about to climb into bed when I heard a knock at my door.

I wasn't expecting anyone tonight but I had 2 guesses.

I swallow hard and slowly walk over.

It could be Dio.

Or

It could be Jacob. . .

I took a deep breath and opened the door.

"Father?"

"Y/N, Are you alright?" he asked, clearly concerned. He had small beads of sweat coming from his forehead.

"Of course I am" I let him in my room and shut the door behind me, "is something wrong?" I was beginning to worry for him.

"Y/N. . .Jacob told me he called off the engagement."

How am I going to explain this?