To Love...Or Not To Love?

I am now sitting in my room, it's the next day and all I can think about is the kiss.

Jacob just called off our engagement, an engagement I wanted and accepted, no one forced me to it, it was my choice a choice I made to help secure myself. Jacob wasn't supposed to call it off, Dio wasn't supposed to confess his feelings for me and I was never supposed to kiss Dio!

After the kiss, Dio wanted to say something but I shushed him and ran to my room. I haven't been out since and I have not accepted anyone to come in either, meaning I also haven't accepted any food out of fear that Dio would be behind the door.

I pace around my room wearing a simple long blue dress with my hair braided to the side, I had the small strands of my hair pulled out to be in front of my face.

I chewed my thumb nail trying to think of what to do.

I could either continue my time here and pretend that nothing happened and maybe marry Jacob or I could sit and really think about what the kiss meant to me, and be afraid of what realizations I come to. . . or I could do neither, that would be the worst choice.

I love Jacob as I love my closest friends and I'm fine with marrying him, hopefully, my love for him will grow to be more. . .I really want it to.

I have known Dio for so long and how I feel for him doesn't make any type of sense and it shouldn't be as strong as it is right now.

"I will be leaving and when I come back I will have my answer" I heard Jonathan yell from the foyer.

I don't know what was going on but it was enough to have me rushing out of my room and to the main staircase where Dio and Jonathan were facing off.

The last time this happened Jonathan beat Dio until he could barley stand, and that will absolutely not happen again on my watch. No, not while I'm here.

"What's going on?" I asked.

Jonathan turned to me and Dio continued to stare at Jonathan with a look that could kill anyone..

"Sorry to disturb you Lady Y/N," Jonathan glared at Dio from over his shoulder.

"What is going on?" I repeated, wanting an answer.

They haven't been this nasty towards each other since we were kids so whatever has brought this on must've been really bad. Part of me thinks that they're fighting about me again like how they did as children but I know that it's probably something else, Dio may have feelings for me but I know for a fact that Jonathan was over it.

"Jonathans just going on a trip," Dio said as he continued to give Jonathan that nasty look. If Dio or anyone were to give me a look like that I think I would run away and cry. 

"Y/N there's something you should know--," Jonathan said before he was cut off

"That's Lady Y/N to you, learn your place and address her as a gentleman like you should!" Dio didn't even look at me as he stormed off and went who knows where.

I neatly folded my hands and rushed over to Jonathan.

"Jonathan? Are you alright, What happened?"

"Lady Y/N I'm leaving town, I need to find out the truth about Dio, I need to find out if he's the one who poisoned my father." He turned his back to me. 

I could tell he was heartbroken even thinking Dio could be being all of this. Despite everything, they're brothers and Jonathan loves him. I started to blame myself for causing this conflict within Jonathon. If I hasn't said anything about the vial then he would've never suspected Dio.