7 years later

"It's been 7 years since we've last seen the Joestars, wouldn't you want to accompany me?" Father asked sitting on the couch in front of my bed as I admired my new dress in the mirror.

"What do you think of this dress, Father?" I asked trying to change the subject while admiring the dress fabric.

"Wow, Mr. Smith has outdone himself with this one," He praised

Mr. Smith is my fiancée, he's been working under my father for the past 5 years, we got along quite nicely, he's three years older than me and like any gentleman would do he waited until I was 18 (The appropriate marital age) to ask my father's blessing for my hand in marriage. My father already adored him like a son since he was his right-hand man and of course accepted.

Mr. Smith then proposed to me at a lovely lake park where I accepted as well.

It makes sense to me to marry a man my father approves of especially a man like Mr. Smith, he's handsome, intelligent, and very successful, he went to a University in France, spoke three languages, and had a passion for the arts. He seemed perfect, he also had excellent taste in today's fashion.

Tonight was our engagement party.

"He said he was just strolling through town when he saw this dress at the boutique's window, he said just had to buy it for me," I smiled.

"Your mother would be so proud," he smiled as he grabbed my locket from my vanity and clipped it around my neck. I had a picture of my mother and father in this locket and I planned to keep it forever, the best thing about it is that it went with every outfit I owned, so I never had to change it for another. 

"Thank you," I smiled at him.

"I am too, you know. . .I'm proud of you. You're smart, and you're engaged to an excellent man," Father really was happy for me, especially because Mr. Smith was already working for him. He really did seem more excited than me sometimes.

"I know father," I turned to him with my arms crossed. I was smiling without showing my teeth.

"But you have to start getting serious about what you want to do," he said sitting back down.

"I know," I sat next to him.

"You keep saying that you know but you don't do anything about it, what was the point in going to America?" He asked.

I went to a University in America, I thought that after college I would know what was next in my life. I jumped between majors but I never really had a clue of what I wanted to do, and because of that, I graduated with three majors, Social Work, Phycology, and Biology. I still don't know what to do, I might as well be a counselor or a teacher but it's not what I want.

"Father please, You're here telling me to get a job while Jacob is telling me not to worry about it, he wants me to be a stay-at-home wife," I said trying to not sound annoyed.