~Chapter ten~

-----

~The Kiss~

!TW! !Strong Language and Violence!

-----

It was a usual murky morning in Birmingham. The streets gloomy, with saddened souls walking the streets.
John had yet again left Ivy home while he went out doing his usual business.

Ivy layed on the sofa, her feet slightly hanging off the edge as she's wearing shoes. In her hand she held a book. The room was silent and peaceful. Until John burst through the frount door giving Ivy a scare. She looked up with an unpleasant face while John walked in the living room.
"Come on get up," John demanded pulling her legs onto the floor.
"John- Wait!." Ivy rushed pulling herself up, then giggling.
"Come with me," John said grabbing her hand, indicating her towards the door.
"Go where?" Ivy pulled back almost confused.
"I've got a surprise, so come on." John smiled.
"A surprise?" Ivy wondered as to why John would get her something. It wasn't a special date or occasion.
"Yes, now put this on."
John placed her coat onto her shoulders and rushed her out the door. She was almost worried as to how happy he was. Ivy stood by the car waiting for John to lock the door. He then opened the car door, luckily it was parked right outside the house. He let Ivy climb in and quickly got in himself.
Before Ivy knew it they were heading off.

-----

"John where are you taking me?" Ivy asked as John turned the car off.
He had taken her to the stables. Curly and Charlie stood fixing a car not far from them.
"You'll see, for this part you'll need to keep your eyes closed!"
He hopped out the car then opened Ivys door.
"Right, close your eyes then luv'," John asked while Ivy sat on the edge of the car seat.
"John I've got a white heels on, in the middle of muddy stables. I'm not getting out." Ivy admitted while peering into his eyes.
John hesitated for a moment, until he then slipped a hand under Ivys thighs and one on her back. He lifted her out the car and carried her bride style.
"John this is unecessary!" Ivy squealed, quickly wrapping her arms around his neck. In fear of being dropped.
John chuckled and slammed the car door shut with the back of his heel.
"I ain't gonna' drop you luv', I promise." John reassured, taking her over to the stables.
Ivy rested her head on John shoulder she could smell his cologne. It mixed with the scent of leather, wood and tobacco. Giving him a masculine smell. Ivy loved it.

"I'm gonna' place you onto a wooden step, but you have to keep your eyes shut."
"Okay John I get it, it's a surprise." Ivy smiled closing her eyes.
Her heels clanked on the wood as John put her down.
"Can I open my eyes now?" Ivy asked.
John hummed to say 'yes'.
Ivy slowly opened her eyes and infront of her was a beautiful black horse.
Ivy gasped of excitement.
"She's beautiful John, how'd you remember all these years on?" Ivy stroked the horse as amusement filled her face. She'd always wanted a black horse after her one died, she'd always said she'd call it Opal like black opal crystals.
"How could I not?"
Ivy smiled, placing a kiss onto Johns lips.
"This means I can go riding with Esme, she'll be so happy." Ivy announced pulling away from the kiss.
John cleared his throat before replying.
"Yeah, after you're better." John began to scratch the back of his neck.
"Oh come on John I haven't seen her since the wedding," Ivy begged.
Johns jaw clenched.
"John please," Ivy begged once again.
"You can go when I say!" John snapped.
Ivy stood for a moment, mainly as to why it was such a big for her to see her sister.
"She's my sister, and you may be my husband but you don't get to tell me what to do. I'm seeing her today, weather you like it or not!" Ivy shouted back.
Ivy glared at John before jumping of the wooden step. Ivy then had released why John had carried her over, her not so white shoes were now covered in mud.
Ivy sighed out of frustration, she pulled her dress up to her knees and made her way back to the car. She could feel Charlie and Curly looking from a distant.