5 boyfriends

Steve's POV:
Friday, May 24th
School got out Wednesday, and Thursday, me and Soda started dating.

It feels so good, calling him my boyfriend. And getting his attention and kisses makes me so freaking happy. Spoiling him is all I've ever wanted to do.

We go on into the city walking into every step just to look. We don't hold hands because what people don't know can't hurt'em.

We drive through DQ again for two blizzard's. It's getting hotter than hell out here.
We sit in the back seat of my car together.

He takes some of his ice cream and slides it across the tip. Of my nose, of course! "Oops." He shrugs before licking it off.

"Wanna know what it tastes like?" I ask him.

"Duh."

I kiss him, and when he leans farther in I come back.

"It was a just a taste." I tease.

He rolls his eyes, "what if I want a little more?" He gives me that little smile and I can't say no.

I kiss him again, waiting a little longer before putting it to an end.

"Why are you teasing me?" He grabs at my hand, with his empty one.

"I just wanna see what gets you going. Not that I want to have sex with you. I'm just curious." I tell him.

"I'll just let you figure that out." He taps his cup looking around.

"So..." I move my hand to his knee, I'll fall inward as we talk. "What are you doing this summer? Are y'all going on a vacation?" I ask him.

"I doubt it, Mom probably wouldn't wanna take off. Pone might convince her though."

"Yeah, I don't think we are either. I wouldn't wanna go anywhere with Angelica anyway." I tell him.

Our conversation gets choppier and choppier.

My hand is right under a place people would probably kill me if I touched and I'm slowly squeezing his thigh.

"Maybe it's time to go?" I suggest.

He's blushing bad and biting his lips, "hm, yeah~" he nods.

Then I stop and he let out this huge relief.
And he hugged me, "I love you, okay?"

Johnny's POV:
"This is a mama, she's three months pregnant so we still have to milk her." He tells me.

"Do you want me to do it?" I point at myself.

"Come watch then you can try if you want."

It takes hella focus to look at the cow when he has his shirt off. Mines just stuck to me because it's hot outside.

I watch him do it, it looks crazy. Squeezing little things.

"Why don't you just put her over the milking machines like everyone else?" I shrug.

"The pregnant ones, I do by hand because I feel like they would be a little too sensitive for the machine."
Then he smiles, "wanna try?"

"Sure." I get down under it and press watching the milk come out of the utters and into a bucket.

"You're like, a natural at this." He nods.

I thank him and finish the job. That wasn't nearly as weird as I thought it would be.
We go wash our hands before we walk out to the flower field like we always do.

We end up laying down in the grass and I pick up a bee and watch it fly away.

"Ponyboy, don't you get lonely? Why don't you have a girlfriend you can praise? Or a best friend like a Steve?" I look over.

"Well for one, Steve is Soda's boyfriend, and two. Recently I've been feeling like sometimes a cowboy." He takes his hat off and lays it on my chest. "Needs his cowboy." He looks at me with his gray eyes. They lose me every time.

He rolls back over to stare at the sky, then I prop myself up to look at him, "you like me?"

He cheeks turn red, "I never thought I liked boys, but something about you drew me in."

"So you don't care that I'm gay?" I spill. The only people that know that about me are Derk and Dal.

"No, I don't care." He swipes his hair further across his face.

"Ponyboy, I really like you."

"Wanna be my boyfriend?" He holds out his hand.

"As long as that means I'm your cowboy too?"

"Of course it does."

I take his hand and lay down beside him again, but closer. Something about it just feels more together.

"Ponyboy?"

"Hm?"

"You make me, very happy."