3 calls

Steve's POV:
Tuesday, May 14th
School is getting so boring since next Wednesday it's all over, and if you're exempt from finals. You just kinda loligag the last three days. And yes. I'm exempt from finals. I act stupid, but I'm not.

After a long day of jostling, I go home. But not for long.
I get a call on my dial phone. Yes, I have more than one phone. I also have my Nokia 6131. And some people have IPods, but I have my CD player, which I love very much.

"Hello?"

"Hey, wanna go to the mall and kick some rocks or some shit?" Soda asks. He just wants to hang with me.

"Sure. See you in ten?"

"In ten, Ben." I tell him and I click off.

I get my keys and tell Mom where I'm going.

"Be back before dinner." She puts her cigarette out.

"Yes, ma'am." And with that I left.

I got to the mall pretty quickly. And what do you know, he doesn't have on boots. He has on his dirty black converse, but a flannel like how he did at school.

We go into Journeys. You can never go wrong with looking for shoes.

"Dude, these are so hot."

"They are", he agrees

Then his Phone starts ringing and he flips it open, "oh look, it's Eric." He answers, "hey."
Face drop, "what? I was just with her yesterday."
"How'd you find out?"
"He told you?"
"Okay, well thanks for telling me... bye." His whole mood was ruined, so I kinda drug him out of the store.

"What happened?"

"Can we go sit in your car, so I can tell you?" He shrugs.

"Sure." We walk pretty fast there. Well he did. I just kinda kept up.

When he got in my car he started crying. Which is concerning because Soda's a very happy person.

"Sorry, I just need a second."

His eyes are prettier when he cries. I don't mean that in a mean way. I'm being so deadass. He's gorgeous, even on the inside. Sometimes I even wonder what he feels like on the I-

"Sandy's pregnant with Roger's baby."

"What?!" That knocks me out of my daze.

"Yeah. And I was just with her before I went to your house." He tells me.

I feel the jealousy coming, but the thought of them breaking up makes me wanna jump for joy.

"Oh wow. How could she cheat on someone like that? Getting pregnant? I'm really sorry man, I know you really loved her." I nod.

"Yeah." Then he does a huge sigh, "but it's whatever. I just hope she knows we're over." He twirls pieces of his hair in his fingers.

"There's so many other people out there for you anyway." I tell him. I'm the many other people by the way. Just me.

"Can you stop looking at me like that?" He turns bright red.

"Like what?"

"Like you fucking... love me or something?" He looks away.

"Do you wanna go get a milkshake and share it at Dairy Queen?"I ask him.

He looks back at me grinning, "I could kiss you."

Pony's POV:
Me and John were walking through the flowers again. He's a nice uh, partner to walk with. He's easy to talk to and listen to. A good friend.

"Ponyboy, do you ride horses too? Or just your brother?" He shrugs.

"Both my brothers are very good, but I'm just alright because I don't like doing it as much as they do. I take care of the cows and chickens and pigs. But horse riding? Not exactly what I enjoy." I tell him.
"What do you enjoy?"

He kinda shrinks down like that was a sorry question,"nothing special at all, I like watching TV and walking and hanging out with my brothers..."

"You have brothers too?" This makes me happy because maybe he gets the little sibling thing like I do.

"Well they're like my brothers, since they care about me more than my parents ever will." He explains.

"That's sweet of them. Do they go to our school?" I ask.

"Derek's nineteen, and Dally's sixteen. He does go to our school."

"Is Dally that tough kid, with the J tattoo. That motherfucker looks hard as rock." I start.

"Yeah, that's Dal. But as long as you don't act like a bitch, he's a really sweet person, even if he doesn't look it."

I watch the way Johnny moves. It's like slow but fast. Soft yet tough. Scared but confident. With his tan skin and dark hair. The sun falls perfectly across his face.

"John John?"

"Yes?"

"You're a handsome guy."

He blushes and smiles. I never realized how cute a persons smile can be.

I give him a hug and it takes a second for his body to fall. But when he does, he feels warm and sweet and happy.

I pull away.

"What was that for?" He looked a lot happier now.

"You just looked like you needed it."