💫 12

seungkwan laid out a blueprint of the school, rolling out flat onto the floor as his friends crowded around him. he pointed at a small chamber deep inside of the school and said, "here's the anti gravity room."

"but didn't royal pain seal off every route?" vernon asked.

seokmin looked down and pointed to a small lengthy vent that led to the room. "hey, what about this conduit?" he asked.

mingyu scoffed lightly. "yeah, right. you'd have to be like a rat to fit in there."

the group of boys glanced at each other, slowly turning their heads to face vernon at the same time. the boy looked around at his friends, sighing lightly as he said, "oh, great."

as vernon crawled through the tiny tube, he couldn't help but let out his grievances. he crawled slowly as he said, "this is so stupid."

mingyu, who was watching vernon crawl, shouted out an encouraging, "okay. you're doing great, vernon. looks great."

mingyu turned to seokmin and minghao with a shy smile as he added, "look at those cute little legs." the two boys exchanged looks of amusement, shrugging it off as they focused on leading vernon through the conduit.

"okay, there should be an opening on your right."

"gotcha." vernon said as he turned to the right, leading to an opening that was slightly wider.

minghao looked down at the blueprint and muttered, "find the access panel." to mingyu, the taller boy turning to the opening and quickly alerting vernon.

"what?" vernon asked, confused as their voices were beginning to mix together. also, he wasn't sure what an access panel was.

"it leads to the generator." seokmin muttered as he pointed to it on the blueprint.

"it leads to the generator!" mingyu shouted. vernon shouted his acknowledgment as he continued down the path they were leading him down.

back in the cafeteria, chan and jeonghan were still battling. jeonghan lifted chan up by the ankle, grunting at the weight as he tossed the boy to the middle of the dance floor. the young boy landed with a thud, preparing himself just in time for jeonghan to fly over to him. chan kicked jeonghan up into the air, and the older boy landed into the mirror ball in the ceiling that was still spinning.

chan looked up anxiously, unsure if the ball would keep jeonghan in place for long. his questions were answered as jeonghan electrocuted the ball and dropped on his back on the floor.

seungkwan and wonwoo ran in, hoping to help chan as they assumed the younger boy would be failing. seungkwan screamed chan's name, the boy looking up at the sound of his voice.

jeonghan took this chance to lift the cover on the panel he had embedded in the arm of his suit. he pressed a button, a large burst of electricity surging through his arm as he reached up and punched chan in the chest. the power of the punch was so strong that chan flew high in the air and crashed through the window.

seungkwan and wonwoo braced themselves from the flying glass shards, the young boy screaming as he saw chan falling outside. chan screamed loudly as he pierced through the air and crashed through the crowds.

seungkwan looked devastated as the sounds of chan's screams began to fade. soon enough, the screams of his best friend were no longer heard.

jeonghan stood up as he said, "and there goes your last chance of stopping me."

"we'll see about that." seungkwan growled, taking a few steps forward but being held back by wonwoo.

the two of them paused as they looked out the window. through the thick cover of the clouds, chan flew up and stared back at them, looking equally surprised as his friends.