💫 8

it was the next morning and seungkwan was waiting fot the bus to arrive, a small frown on the boy's face as he stared at the ground. he knew chan would be there soon, and he wasn't particularly ready to confess his feleings to the boy yet. though wonwoo said it would be a good idea, the boy was still nervous.

"seungkwan!" chan shouted as he jogged over to his friend, a smile on his face as he continued, "you're not gonna believe what happened last night."

seungkwan said nothing and held out a fortune cookie, wrapped up in a casing that had the the chinese reataurant's name on it. the one chan told seungkwan to meet him at last night.

chan just shrugged as he silently thanked his friend. taking a bite and mentioning his love for fortune cookies, he pulled the slip of fortune cookie paper out of his mouth. he read out, "your loyalties are clear when it comes to friends."

chan smiled dunbly as he looked at seungkwan. not entirely sure why seungkwa  was looking at him like that, he glanced between his friend and the cookie still in his hands. realization dawned on him, his face falling as he said, "oh, god. oh!"

chan scrunched up his face, feeling annoyed at himself as he said, "oh. i totally spaced." he sighed, looking up at seungkwan as he added, "i'm sorry. i know you must want to kill me."

seungkwan breathed out a laugh. a bashful smile on his face as he said, "actually, just the opposite. i have something to tell you."

"yeah?"

seungkwan nodded softly. "yeah. but you first."

chan nodded, an awkward smile on his face as he said, "okay. it's about the dance,"

seungkwan smiled brightly, a glimmer of hope in his eyes as he saod, "really? me too."

chan cut seungkwan off, excitement clear in his voice as he exclaimed, "i'm going with yoon jeonghan! can you believe it?"

seungkwan's face fell, his expression darkening as chan continued, "me, a first year, going with the most amazing guy at sky high?"

seungkwan wasn't sure how to react. on one hand, he was incredibly upset. but on the other, he knew chan was looking for encouragement. so, with a clearly fake smile on his face, he gave chan a pat on the arm and said, "that's awesome!"

"i know." chan breathed out with a grin. the two boys faced forward as the bus pulled up to their stop. the conversation ended on chan's high note as they boarded the bus.

nearly at the school, chan sat up atraighr as he exclaimed, "oh yeah! i almost forgot. what was your news?"

seungkwan's eyes darted around the bus rapidly, unsure of what to say to his friend. he hadn't expexted chan to ask someone else to the dance, much less graceful and charming yoon jeonghan.

seungkwan felt like he had no choice than to lie to his best friend. "i'm going, too." he said with a shrug.

"really?" chan said, looking skeptical as he glanced around. "who with?"

"who with?"

"yeah, who asked you?"

seungkwan laughed awkwarsly as he said, "oh, who asked me..." he paused, unable to think of anyone. he just said the first name he could think of. "... jeon wonwoo."

safe to say, chan was confused. he was pissed, as well. but mostly, he was confuses. chan questioned seungkwan about his date to the dance even as they were walking the halls of the school, unable to shake off the idea of his best froend and his enemy going to the dance together.

"jeon wonwoo?! you can't be serious." he continued, ignored the annoyed glances seungkwan was shooting his way. "kwan, the guy's a psycho. and he's biggest enemy!"