💫 11

wonwoo held seungkwan back as he shot a ball of fire at a nearby air vent, the air vent cover falling off quickly. the group hurriedly climbed inside, vernon and seungkwan climbing in first followed by the rest of their friends.

outside of the school, chan and mr. kim finally made it to the school grounds. mr. kim pulled up to the front of the school, turning to chan with a determined look on his face as the young boy thanked him for driving him.

chan turned to the school as he said, "now, if i'm not back in thirty minutes–"

"come in after you! got it."

"... i was going to say go get help."

"go get help! got it. now get in there!"

chan nodded quickly, pushing through the bus doors, breaking them in his haste as he ran towards the school.

back in the school vents, the group were slowly crawling forward with not much luck. they didn't know where they were going and they couldn't see that well.

"where the hell are we?" asked vernon.

"hey, wonwoo? how about a torch?"

"only if you want to get barbecued."

minghao shook his head, sighing heavily as he said, "oh, wonwoo. only you could be so negative in a moment like this."

from behind seungkwan, mingyu's body began to glow the bright neon yellow light the group had only seen twice before. mingyu smiled graciously as seungkwan and vernon moved aside to let him go to the front, smiling awkwardly as vernon sang rudolph the red-nosed reindeer, an endeared smile on the shorter boy's face.

chan ran through aimlessly through the halls of the school, unsure of where to go first. he looked to his right and noticed the familiar light of mingyu's glow coming our from one of the vents. he reached over and yanked the cover out of the wall, mingyu's head popping out as he casually greeted him.

as his friends climbed out of the air vent, chan shook his head as he said, "guys, you're never going to believe this. jeonghan–"

"– is royal pain's son." seungkwan cut in.

chan glanced around at his friends, shaking it off as he continued, "yeah, he's–"

"the one who stole the pacifier."

"right–"

mingyu and vernon stepped in as the taller boy said, "yeah, and he turned everyone into babies, including your parents, dude."

chan looked puzzled as he said, "okay... that i didn't know."

"i think this is even more than the great lee chan can handle." seungkwan said with a frown.

"he's right," chan said, looking at his friends as he continued, "it's gonna take all of us."

vernon looked annoyed as he said, "all of who? you, myungho, and wonwoo? the rest of us are sidekicks."

chan turned to vernon with a frown as he said, "just because you have powers, that doesn't make you a hero," he focused on seungkwan as he said, "sometimes, it just makes you a jerk. makes me a jerk."

chan glanced at his friends again, a slight pout on his lips as he said, "i guess what i'm trying to say is..."

seungkwan smiled fondly. "we get it. you've been a jerk."

chan smiled dreamily as he looked back at seungkwan. "seungkwan, in case my date ends up killing me tonight," he held seungkwan's hand, surprising the other boy as he continued, "i just want you to know..." he trailed off as he pulled seungkwan into his arms and kissed him, mingyu letting out a low whistle as the two of them kissed.