Notes On A Scandal

Mulai dari awal

"She hungry?" Taylor heard Travis ask as he rolled over to face them both on the other side of the bed. Taylor nodded, looking over at him as he crawled over to where she was sat in bed.

"Yeah, sorry to wake you up. I'm going to feed her now so go back to bed." Taylor snapped. She hadn't meant to be so cold but what else could she do. If she was polite and her normal warm and bubbly self it was just wasted on Travis. He seemed in a fowl mood, cold and icy. And when there is fire, you fight it with fire. Or ice in this instance.

"Give her here Taylor, you need some sleep." Travis stated, reaching his arms out to take the baby. Taylor hesitated, wondering whether it was a good idea. It wasn't that she didn't trust him. Or was it that. Either way, Taylor was unsure why Travis was seemingly being so helpful. Was he turning a corner and things would go back to normal? "Come one Tay, I know you are exhausted. let me help you. I can go downstairs and give her a bottle and I will be right back up ok."

Taylor sighed, relinquishing the baby into Travis' outstretched arms, the baby sighing in contentment before snuggling into his arms.

"See she is fine Tay. Go back to sleep now ok." Travis shot her a small smile as he took Luna out of their bedroom, her cries beginning to pick back up again when she finally remembered what it was she was crying about. The cries quickly began to die out and Taylor soon found herself no longer fighting the Great War with sleep, it peacefully passing over her easily. Like a wave at the beach. Time passed by slowly but before long her eyes were fluttering open once more. The July sun was barking through the open curtains that Travis had obviously drawn whilst she had been asleep. She noticed some things had moved around in their bathroom and in their closet as she got herself ready for the day, an obvious sign that Travis had already gotten himself dressed and ready before her. Pulling a light cardigan around her shoulders to shelter them from the direct sunlight, Taylor made her way downstairs, hoping to spend some time with Travis.

"Hey." She said as she came into the room just as Travis pulled himself up from the dining table. Luna was not with him but in her bouncer next to him at the table, watching intently as he shovelled the last of his eggs into his mouth.

"Hey. You ok?" Travis asked, getting up from the table to place his plate in the dishwasher.

"Yeah, I was just gonna come and make us some breakfast but uh" Taylor hinted at the pans that Travis was loading into their dishwasher, obviously mentioning the fact that he had already eaten without her.

"Yeah sorry Tay, I have already eaten. Don't let me stop you though." Travis replied nonchalantly as he finished up loading the dishwasher, driving his hands with a stray kitchen towel own the side of the oven.

"It's fine, I'm not very hungry anyway." It was a lie, she was starving but she didn't want to say anything to annoy him that morning. "I was hoping we could do something together today. Maybe take Luna to the animal park or something fun like that."

She watched as he screwed his face up. She knew that this meant they wouldn't be doing something as a family.

'I'm sorry babe but I have meetings today, we can all go another day. I'll make sure of it."

"Yeah sure." Taylor said, trying her best to smile and sound cheerful whilst underneath she was breaking. Was this it? Was she finally loosing Travis?

"I'll bring home some dinner for all of us tonight. Your favourite." He came over to kiss her, the first one in a while, before grabbing the keys to his purple Chevrolle convertible that they liked using in the summer months in Kansas City. "Don't get up to too much trouble you two." He winked, closing the door loudly behind him.

Taylor watched as his shadowy figure wilted away down the drive and into the speeding car. A getaway car that used to be just for them.

Travis sighed, speeding down the roads of their private enclosed estate in Leawood, Kansas. The guilt of what he was about to do was eating away at his very being and he was sure that Taylor must have picked up on it somehow by now. He had been so distant, so cold for the past two days and now he was acting as if nothing was wrong. When in reality, everything was wrong. He glanced over at his phone, checking the time and almost running a red light because he wasn't paying his full attention to the road as he should have been.