Its Kind Of A Funny Story

September 9th 2024
Kansas City, Missouri

Today was the day. The day they would be telling their families about the baby. Seeing as Taylor's family were in Nashville, Taylor and Travis decided that they would do a family FaceTime call to announce it to them later that evening. But for the rest of Travis' immediate family, it was only a few hours away.

Taylor woke up nervous, and nauseous. Running as fast as her frail legs could carry her, she darted to the ensuite bathroom, reuniting with last nights late night snack of a Dairy Queen Oreo Blizzard she had sent Travis out for at 1am. She found him right there beside her, pulling back stray pieces of her hair into his hand whilst his other free one stroked up and down her back lovingly.

"Its ok Tay, its ok."

"Ugh I hate this!" Taylor groaned as she fell back against Travis chest, wiping her mouth with the side of her wrist. She felt like it had all come up and so wasn't too worried about retreating slightly from the toilet. "I am so glad we are telling our families today. Your mom seemed confused at yesterday's game why I spent more time watching the toilet rather than your game."

"Yeah mom did text to ask if you were ok, she was worried about you. I think she was even more worried when we asked for them to all come over and Tree and you posted about changing the Eras Tour dates."

Taylor loved how caring Travis' mom was. Taylor and her would often call and chat, or bake together when she was in town in Kansas City. Travis' mom would often stay at their old place in central Kansas City, which would soon be even more vital with the new addition coming soon. Taylor had been to the doctors in New York but also had an appointment with an OBGYN in Kansas City as that would be where she was going to be the most and so it just made more sense. Taylor couldn't quite believe what was happening. Years ago she thought she would be raising little blonde haired children in England, with Joe. Sending them to prep school in London and writing songs in their quaint little townhouse in North London. But none of that ever came true. Maybe because she wanted it. She never dreamed of any of this. Never in her wildest dreams had Taylor ever imagined she would raising a baby with a goofball 6'5 NFL player in midwest Kansas City. She summed it up well...

In life you'll do things greater than dating the boy on the football team. Well she was one up on that one. She is having a baby with the guy open the football team.

Kylie had asked them if she could bring anything over but Taylor had declined. They had ordered some breakfast foods and so had asked them to just bring themselves, hungry and ready for brunch. That wouldn't be hard for Jason who Travis already knew would be flinging on his flip flops and out of the door at the sound of brunch. The food was due to arrive in thirty minutes, giving them enough time to put on some clothes and makeup for Taylor. She had embodied three shirts for their three nieces Wyatt, Elliotte and Bennett. Three little white t-shirts embodied to say "Big Cousin" in beautiful dark pink thread. Although the girls didn't have any cousins yet and Bennett certainly wouldn't know what being a cousin meant, she knew that Wyatt and Ellie would know and she hoped they would be excited. Taylor also had a feeling it would be a girl. Call it mother's intuition but she just knew. Travis was also convinced that it would be a girl. It seemed that his parents Donna and Ed had wished for daughters too hard and ended up with possibly four granddaughters. It made him smile though, to see his parents interact with the girls. They were the best grandparents those three little girls could ask for and Travis was excited to be able to add to their slowly growing collection. Kylie had already vowed she was done having babies, so the burden was on Travis now and he had to get back into his mom's good books so he could become the favourite child again. He was convinced that after today, he would at least be on his way there.