Alternate Ending

Jessie didn't hear from Niamh. Jessie took that as a sign Niamh wasn't ready, but Jessie would be patient. Jessie and Niamh acknowledged each other at training, but that was it. When Chelsea was headed to the Emirates to play against Arsenal, the dynamic between them changed. Jessie scored her first goal for Chelsea in the 55th minute, assisted by Niamh. Jessie was surprised to receive a full on hug from Niamh. It felt like the hugs years ago when she scored for Chelsea. Niamh whispered in Jessie's ear "Way to go! Come over tonight." Jessie nodded to accept the invite. When Niamh saw Jessie score, something in her heart burst with joy. Niamh finally was ready to accept Jessie back into her life.

Niamh told Cat that Jessie was coming over. Cat kept a big secret from Niamh and that was she started to develop feelings for Niamh. Cat knew how important Jessie was too Niamh. Cat was there watching them be so in love and slowly slipping away when Jessie left. Cat saw how devastated Niamh was when Jessie didn't say goodbye. Cat remembered Niamh lived alone for a bit not wanting to give up the room Jessie once had. Niamh finally asked if Cat wanted to be roommates. Cat was getting lonely so she jumped at the opportunity to be Niamh's roommate. Cat and Niamh had similar personalities but completely different music taste. Cat learned British slang and sayings, taking them back to National team camp. Her American teammates teased her that she was becoming too British.

"Do you want me to be here when Jessie comes?" asked Cat.

"Of course. This is your home too." said Niamh.

This made Cat smile. Niamh felt nervous about Jessie coming over especially with Cat here. Niamh thought about the times her and Jessie were roommates. Jessie taught Niamh to love books and found some good inspirational ones that helped her. Niamh didn't want Cat to feel like a third wheel. Niamh thought they could all play monopoly. When Jessie arrived she was surprised Jessie got her roses.

"These are for you." Jessie handed Niamh the red roses.

"Thank you. These are lovely." Niamh took the roses and put them in a vase.

Cat was watching the interaction and it stung her heart. Cat remembered getting Niamh flowers for galentines day. Since neither of them were in a relationship, Cat thought this would be special to celebrate their friendship. Cat saw how easy it was for Jessie and Niamh to get along after all this time apart. During monopoly, Jessie and Niamh were getting really competitive towards each other. Jessie tackled Niamh to the ground which only led Niamh to be on top of Jessie as Niamh was bigger. This was Cat's queue to get on out of there.

"I'm gonna go to bed" said Cat.

Niamh turned around and got off of Jessie.

"Are you sure? We can do something else." pleaded Niamh.

Jessie watched intently of their conversation. Jessie thought Cat liked Niamh more than as friends. Jessie saw Cat as herself all those years ago with Niamh. Jessie became afraid that she might have competition with Cat in trying to get Niamh's affection.

"I'm tired, but thanks though. Goodnight" said Cat.

Both Jessie and Niamh said goodnight. Now that it was just the two of them, they decided to watch a movie. Niamh remembered Jessie's favorite movie was Marley & Me. When the movie began to play, Niamh got a blanket for them to share. Jessie wanted Niamh to be comfortable and make her feel safe. Jessie was not going to make any moves unless she asked Niamh if it was alright. Niamh could tell that Jessie was very cautious of them being close, but this time it was different. This time Niamh knew Jessie wanted to be close, but only if she reciprocated. Niamh snuggled into Jessie making her relax a lot more. It felt like old times. Jessie heard a sniffle coming from Niamh when Marley died. Jessie turned to Niamh and saw a tear run down her cheek.