Sometimes I Wonder If The Sky Can See

Hello guys!! Here's a quick Inanimate Insanity oneshot. This was cross-posted on Ao3, so keep a look out for that too!!

I'm looking at YOU, MePhone4 angst enjoyers!!

Please read 'Nothing is real . you aren't either' on Ao3 (link will be provided) because it is basically the prequel/part 1 for this. This oneshot was a self indulgent sequel to that oneshot.

Topics include:
Referenced self harm
Referenced panic attacks
Blood and gore??
Angst.

Stay safe, dudes !! Also please comment on my works, I love it when people do that :3

Edit 4.4.2024: I forgot the italics...
=====

Cabby, Silver Spoon, Balloon, and Nickel were playing card games on the floor of their shared cabin. Nothing too special, a small space which divided into different rooms for each remaining contestants. Floory also shared the cabin with them, but he went to his room long ago to sleep.

The large yellow light was turned off, and instead the moonlight and a dim lamp substituted as the light sources for the room. It was a cozy environment.

"Go fish!" Silver Spoon shouted, pointing at Cabby who rolled her eyes and shifted through her remaining cards. It was a cold night, around 1 AM when she last checked.

Balloon was wrapped in a large, soft blanket. His hands were sticking out to hold his cards upright, his hair also tied up into a small bun. He left the game mid-way to grab said blanket from his room, and Nickel deemed him as disqualified from the previous round because he 'abandoned the game.'

Nickel looked at Balloon, "Do you have any Aces?"

"Uhhh.."

"Yeah.." Balloon pulled an Ace out of his deck of cards, handing it out to Nickel as he snatched it out of his hands with a grin, looking incredibly pleased with himself as he reorganised his deck cards straight after.

.

.

And out of nowhere, a shrill, agonising scream could be heard from outside.

.

.

"What the fuck?" Cabby ran to the windows and looked out them, only seeing the pathway and grass lit by a lamp outside the cabin door.

Everyone began to grow uneasy.

"Someone should check on that.." Cabby said, turning back to the others.

"Well, I'm not! It's too cold out there! And who knows who, or what, is out there!" Silver Spoon frowned, crossing his arms and turning away in an annoyed fashion.

"B- but if it is necessary, then I'll check it out.. i-if you guys accompany me!"

"I'm staying with Silver Spoon inside the cabin. No way am I-" Nickel was cut off, another pained yell coming from outside.

.
.
Was that coming from Mephone's cabin???
.

"Well, if you're all going to stay inside and do nothing about this, then I'll go!" Cabby, exasperated, threw her hands up in the air as she made her way towards the door.

"Wait for me! I'll come too." Balloon yelled, discarding the blanket and rushing to Cabby's side.

The cabin door shut behind the both of them.

Nickel took the blanket, looking back at Silver Spoon who had gotten up to watch the two leave through the window.

...