Chapter 8: The Desire to be Number One

Upon opening the dormitory door to go outside, Bennet and Kitayuu were greeted by a rather surprising but intense scene. In the centre of all the dormitories where students liked to relax or train outside, stood two students, Raiden and Keqing. Bennet and Kitayuu went to the closest person to them. "Hey what's going on?" The student looked back at them and answered. "Well it seems like Raiden is a bit salty about getting ranked second in the assessment. What a shame, it seems like he has a big inferiority complex."

As the crowd all watched eagerly awaiting for the next move, Raiden announced to everyone, "Listen here! Tonight I will prove to you that I am and forever will be the greatest!" He then pointed a finger at Keqing. "That assessment was just a fluke." Raiden went from pointing to clenching his hand into a fist. "We are going to settle things between the both of us. Right here. Right now!" Keqing didn't answer Raiden and just got ready in her battle stance. "Oh trying to be calm and cold huh? Are you implying you are not the slightest bit afraid of the pummelling that you're about to get!" Raiden swiftly with no warning used a wind current to accelerate himself, closing the distance between him and Keqing. A small saw shaped object made completely out of anemo formed in his hand. Raiden threw the wind saw with so much power that the a sonic boom formed indicating a break of the sound barrier. Keqing ducked the saw that just barely missed her. When it made contact with the ground, a huge dust cloud emerged making it virtually impossible to see. Students started coughing and struggled to keep up with the fight. Kitayuu could also feel himself being slightly blown back by the wind as he tried keeping the dust from going into his eyes. Keqing stood in the middle of the cloud. She grabbed one of her twin tailed cat ears. "Now I gotta wash my hair again, Drat." Suddenly the dust started getting blown away from behind her. Raiden was in the air getting ready for a bone crushing kick. "Focus on the fight, or else don't complain when I blow your limbs off!" He then swung his leg. Keqing responded quickly by twisting her waste and catching the kick. She then took her other hand and placed her palm on Raiden's face. Keqing then channeled electro through her arm towards her palm, an electro explosion then occurred at point blank range in Raiden's face.

 Keqing then channeled electro through her arm towards her palm, an electro explosion then occurred at point blank range in Raiden's face

Raiden recoiled from the attack but quickly regained his balanced after getting blasted back slightly. "Swirling Strike!" Small wind currents suddenly started forming on his wrist travelling in circles with incredible speed. Raiden then used the force of the current to propel his fist into a punch. Keqing seeing this last second tried to dodge. However, with just milliseconds to react she didn't manage to evade Raiden's punch, but she did manage to move enough for it to just barely miss her face. Raiden screamed as the wind around his wrist dispersed which cleared the dust by blowing it away. "DIE!" The attack sent Keqing flying into a wooden railing where everyone stood behind watching the fight. Bennet watched and struggled to form words, "I-It's like m-my Flaming Fist of F-Fate, j-just slightly weaker but i-it barely takes a toll on your stamina!" Raiden continued to go on the offensive towards Keqing launching the same attack he just landed on her one after the other. Keqing was just barely avoiding the punches but was clutching her chest in pain as the previous one that hit doing a lot of damage to her. The more she dodged, the more angry Raiden got and the more angry he got, the faster and more power he put behind his Swirling Strikes. "Enough play! This will end YOU!" He threw a punch aiming straight at Keqing's face with the intention of smashing her skull. Keqing's eyes all of a sudden glowed purple sparkling with lightning. In her perspective she was moving so fast it was as if Raiden was moving close to three hundred times slower than an avarage human. Keqing then using one hand with two fingers pointing tapped Raiden's body 5 times before dodging his punch yet again. The parts where Keqing poked on Raiden glowed a purple-ish colour. When Raiden's punch missed Keqing, he redirected it to the floor since he couldn't simply just slow it down unless he had enough space. When he hit the floor a small tornado was formed. Keqing smiled as she looked back and raised her hand. "Thanks for adding that to the party." She then snapped her fingers and the sparks glowing on Raiden's body created electro explosions. Combined with the tornado the electro and anemo elements combined to create an electro swirl reaction amplifying the damage by 10 fold.