Chapter 5: Bennet's new move

Before anyone knew it, the practical assessment was only a day away. Kitayuu woke up early on Sunday morning and started training immediately with his friends. Throughout the training, Kitayuu had an idea that sparked in his head. "Hey Bennet," Bennet looks at him, giving his attention. "Why don't we have a light duel, you know, to test each others strength." Bennet thought for a moment er and smiled excitedly in contrast to Barbara who looked worried and suggested; "Are you out of your mind!? It's the day before the assessment. You should've done this earlier." Bennet looks at her and looks back at Kitayuu. "Alright!" Smoke starts emerging from his clenched fist. "Don't say I didn't warn you" Barbara sighs and sits down next to Noelle to watch. She rolls her eyes and whispers, "boys" In the blink of an eye, the two started charging each other. After colliding fists Bennet transitions to his attack combo. Kitayuu was on the back foot as Bennet unleashed a flurry of flames, not giving him a chance to react.

 Kitayuu was on the back foot as Bennet unleashed a flurry of flames, not giving him a chance to react

Despite the constant assault Kitayuu was surprised to find himself being able to avoid the flames. The training was definitely working as it had helped him develop his reflexes and speed. "Huh? not bad!" Bennet says slightly out of breath whilst continuing his barrage attack. Kitayuu notices his slight fatigue and tries observing for the perfect chance to strike. He eventually stops moving backward, comes to a halt, and ducks the inferno launched at him. Kitayuu closed his hand into a fist and was about to strike Bennet's abdomen. Bennet, who was caught by surprise, did not have the chance to avoid Kitayuu's next attack. "You're wide open now!" Screams Kitayuu. He then landed the blow perfectly on Bennet with a lot of force. "I'm not done yet!" Before Bennet realised what was going on, he looked down. Kitayuu then changed from his fist to an open palm spraying water out splashing Bennet, which was followed by a cold mist also being emitted from Kitayuu's palm. "Dammit!" says Bennet as he propels himself back using his flames like a rocket on his feet. Small ice particles formed all over his body slowing down his movements slightly. Bennet's body starts steaming making an attempt to melt the ice. As he started heating himself up, he said. "Cheeky move, you knew that my flames are weaker in cold conditions and that me having to raise my body temperature would waste my energy."

As Bennet consumed time and energy heating himself, Kitayuu took this as a chance to take advantage of the situation. He figured that by constantly applying water, it would not only give Bennet trouble from producing hot flames, but it would also slow down his movements if it started freezing. Every once in a while, Kitayuu would constantly throw small bubbles filled with water and then add a touch of cold mist whilst Bennet was like a headless chicken constantly trying to warm himself up and land a blow on his opponent. Eventually, the battlefield was full of mist, and Bennet was unaware of his surroundings until he heard a voice from behind. "Over here!" A bolt of lightning emerged hitting Bennet, creating a super conduct elemental reaction causing him to kneel for a bit. "Dammit!" He says, "I didn't expect him to have such good battle knowledge." He slowly tried regaining his balance standing up. All of a sudden, the cold mist started condensing."What's happening I can't see!" On the outer area of the mist, Kitayuu was charging an anemo attack, pulling the it towards a small ball of wind energy forming in his palm. The energy ball acts like a vacuum sucking the mist into the palm of his hand. "How about an early Christmas gift?"