Hell's Vanguard

Im sorry for taking so long! Have been dealing with headaches and wanted to cure about before continuing writing.

„Please, oh mighty demon... save my Village."

Enri suppressed the urge to break out in tears. She was begging a demon for help... what would he possibly want in return? They were nothing but humble farmers, they had nothing to offer him.

Demons were known to be double-tongued... what if he was deceiving her? If she was to reveal the location of her village to him, then she would be responsible for what would happen next. Enri felt like throwing up. She had never felt so lost before... so helpless.

„Forgive me for my lateness, my lord."

Enri jumped up in fright as another person appeared behind her. She quickly snapped her head to the person only to feel her heart drop to her stomach. The person's armor was of a pitch black color. Aside from the thinly carved slit that serves as a visor, the armor does not reveal even the tiniest exposure of flesh.

„I don't recall to have called for you, Albedo." Urizen shifted his attention from the cowering girl to the guardian overseer.

‚Albedo...Is that her name? Do they know each other?'

„Sebas informed me of what happened, my lord." Albedo's voice was gentle, but it wasn't difficult to hear out her distress. „Please understand... i cannot allow your highness to proceed unaccompanied. I would never be able to forgive myself if harm should fall upon you."

There wasn't any harm in having Albedo around, so he didn't see any reason to send her back to Nazarick. In fact, he may have use of her after all.

The scent of fear, blood and death filled air, giving Urizen an idea of where this girl's Village could be. However, no ordinary village could be the cause of this much death and misery. Were multiple villages under attack?

It doesn't matter. Considering that she had to drag her little sister along, she couldn't be too far away from her village. He would simply have to follow the scent of death, it would lead him to the nearest village. The others were of no concern to him.

„Those knights..." Urizen glanced over to the knights, or whatever was left them. They were almost completely turned into Qliphoth Pollen, a mere touch would be enough to scatter them like dust in the wind. „Who are they?"

Enri was unable to form a response, fearing that her lack of knowledge could displease the demon in front of her. Besides those few adventurers and guards of Re-Estize, she had never seen armored man before.

Albedo gritted her teeth in growing anger. This disgusting lower life form should be thankful of her lords mercy, and yet she is wasting his precious time by remaining silent.

Albedo's grip on her heavy battle axe tightened with clear intentions to make the girl talk. One way or another.

She took a step towards the girl but froze in her track not a second after. A invisible force was holding her in place, preventing her from moving even a single inch. ‚Master?'

Urizen glanced down at Albedo. If he wanted to intimidate a traumatized farmer girl, then he would've done so himself. Not only would he gain absolutely nothing by doing so, but it would also be unnecessary. It was in her best interest to answer his questions, since he was the only one who had the power to save her village from certain destruction.