25. Yours, Haseena Mallik

"yaar ye kitni beautiful hai kaash mere pati inne romantic hote." Parminder walked inside the precinct with white roses, saintiny and chrysanthemum in a metal box, it was a quirky bouquet definitely gotten by someone who knew what they were doing. It wasn't too big it wasn't too small it was just the right size like the ones you could keep on your table. Karishma looked at the flowers and scoffed.

"Charles you and your partner are so annoying you know that right? Cute yes, but very annoying." She chided and Charles scoffed as he continued to gaze at Pammi who walked towards them with the neatly arranged flowers, not walking too close to Karishma. The latter returned to her file which was a case she had been assigned this morning but then she stood deciding to have some fun.

"Attention everyone. Charles got flowers from his partner. May I have the attention of this precinct as Pammy reads out what written in the card for all of us."

"Karishma I swear I'll kill you!" Charles a small man of 5 foot 6 puts his heart into his threat to Karishma which she ignores. Pammi had already removed the card from the bunch of flowers clearing her throat.

"To my Karishma, let's go on a date tonight?~ yours, Haseena Mallik." Pammi read out aloud and the silent precinct burst out in laughter even Officers were reeling in laughter, Charles was leading the show because the guy was on the floor now. Karishma who must be embarrassed was instead smiling. She hid her face using her palm and shook her head not really knowing how to stop herself from smiling and blushing like an idiot in love.

"Officers that's the scary Karishma Singh blushing right there." One of Karishma's colleagues commented, while recording everything on his phone. Karishma fished out her phone from her jeans before walking off giving everyone the finger as she did.

She dialled Haseena's number and shooed away her junior away as the phone rang.

"So you want us to go on dates now Ms.Mallik?" She asked before Haseena had the chance to say anything.

"Haan. Matlab you don't? Aapko woh flowers mila? Humko laga aap bhi wohi chahti hai." Haseena stuttered.

"Kya laga aapko Ms. Mallik?" Karishma asked in a deep tone and Haseena gulped unbuttoning her shirts' top button. She thought she was being chivalrous with the flowers and she did not know how to react to her idea flopping. She wasn't the romantic flirty one, that was Karishma's forte and ahe did not know how to escape this. It was awkward and disappointing.

"Singh bhool jayiye theek hai? Aise maan lijiye ki humne humare dost ko flowers bheja hai." Karishma's smile vanished at that word and all her playfulness was replaced by a frown.

"Ek minute. Pehle itna nervous kyun horahi ho sab theek hai na? Is Ki fine?" Karishma asked already pulling out her keys from her jacket.

"Hum theek hai! Calm down alright, aur Kia bhi theek hai abhi sulake aaye hai usko." Karishma sighed but was now confused.

"Par tum itna nervous kyun sound kar rahi hai?"

"I was just hoping you'd say yes isliye thoda sa nervous te bas." Haseena whispered and sighed in relief when Karishma chuckled.

"Mein tumko kabhie mana nahi karungi Haseena. I have been wanting this for so long." Karishma stopped herself from addressing Haseena with an endearment not wanting to make her feel uncomfortable. Haseena sighed in relief and smiled biting her lower lip to contain it before it could borderline into a wide grin. She just loved the way Karishma pronounced her name. It was like she was putting effort behind making it sound as alluring as it could ever sound or it could be just that she was simply addicted to her voice. Either way she added it to the list of things she loved about Karishma and the list was getting dangerously long. She slightly shook her head before replying.