7. Stockholm Syndrome

"-and you know what? Kiara? Uski custody woh Karishma Singh aur Haseena Mallik ko mili hai. Karishma woh unki dost jo police mein hai aur Haseena jo woh hot shot cafe chalti hai aur catering karti hai." Mrs. Sharma murmured. The group of ladies were speed walking in the Park in the chill morning or that's what they called whatever they were doing. More like speed gossiping. Karishma ran past them it was the usual time she did her morning run and everyone ogled at her pausing their gossip session. It was a weekend and the usual crowd was not present. Karishma obviously didn't notice the gang eyeing her.

"Oh that poor thing. Hum sabko jaana chahiye unke ghar you know show them we're there for them." Mrs. Chatterjee spoke restarting their discussion.

"Aah shut up Kavita tumko bas iss police waali ko taadna hai aur free cakes khaana uss bichari ladki ke cafe se. Hum sab jaante hai but we should go you know unko acha lagega." And they all agreed readily.

Karishma hurried down the stairs in just her white shirt not bothering to wear her pants. She wore her shorts though.

"Haseenaaa I cannot find the iron box iss ghar mein iron box hai?" She shouted at the top of her lungs.

"Chilla kyun rahi hai aap. Santu se poochiye humein kya maloom. Oh sorry she is no more." Haseena said, sarcasm dripping in her voice. Karishma looked at to see if Haseena had actually said such a lame thing to her which was kind of out of character for her. Haseena was mad at her dead friend and if that made her a lunatic so be it. She pulled another tissue from the box blowing her nose as she tiredly made her way to the kitchen.

"Wait tum theek ho? Why do you look like that tumko bukaar hai yaar." Karishma walked to Haseena placing her hand on her face to check the temperature.

"Ugh Kiara ke paas kaise jaungi ab." Haseena whined in a low whisper her small nose slightly red from the tissues' assault. She looked cute but Karishma didn't dare admit it.

As for the moment they had in the kitchen the other day, Haseena dismissed any thoughts related to the almost kiss brushing it away as a mere heat of the moment thing. Either of them had not meant for it to happen clearly and she knew Karishma would rather kiss any random person before she ever kissed her, such was the aversion she held for her and she could live with such hatred because Karishma was not her type at all. She was the type Haseena avoided at all costs. Karishma was however irked that she didn't get to complete what she had started. The sight of Haseena standing before her with a rosy blush and parted lips and her ever so inviting tender and soft skin was fresh in her memory. They way Haseena had worn a deep neck and the way her neck muscles had moved when she had gulped in anticipation..She however didn't want to rush into anything. Whatever they did now also affected Kiara and it would be so irresponsible of her to act according to her desires no matter how tempting they were.

"I'll take the night shift, come." Karishma extended her hand to Haseena who started slouching against the kitchen counter. She looked so weak that Karishma wanted to put her inside her pocket and protect her at all costs. Haseena pulled the dust bin and placed her head on it using it like a pillow.

"Hum yaheen lett jaate hai humse nahi hoga stairs please." Haseena declared laying down on the cold carpet.

"Mallik stop cribbing come on." Karishma waited, her hand on her hips.

"Leave me be Singh." Was all Haseena could mumble in return. Karishma waited for a couple seconds before scooping Haseena up in her arms.

"Wait wait no neeche utaariye humko SINGH." But Karishma was already walking towards what was now Haseena's room carrying her safely and Haseena couldn't deny that it felt good.

"Don't rock me I might vomit on your white shirt." Haseena tiredly whispered in a given up state before putting her hands around Karishma's neck laying her head on top of her shoulder.